RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Hulu

Boolit Buddy

Hulu

Anyone out there using Hulu for their tv? Good or bad comments?

I used it for a few months it mostly had shows that I never watched more teen oriented , I prefer Netflix.
    Proud to serve, U.S. Army Infantry

I have both Hulu and Netflix, I use Hulu for tv programs like weekly stuff and Netflix for movies. I like it. What I like most about it is if I miss a program I enjoy I can get it Hulu the next day.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Boolit Master
    Have Playstation Vue, rather than Hulu or NetFlix........tried the latter two, using their free trial period. Saw no advantage, with either, over Playstation.

Winelover

Banned
    I've been happy with Netflix and free prime video

Hulu plus netflix plus Amazon Prime plus Cable basic 35$ a month here.

The only thing I don't like about Hulu is stuff goes away.

Last year on netflix we started watching "Burn Notice'. We watched one every night, saw them all.

Try to do that on hulu and suddenly it is no longer available.

So it is my least favorite of the add on subs for that reason. But, it does have a lot of good programming.

Boolit Master

I've got all three, and will echo the above, love Netflix and the Netflix produced shows and movies have come up a lot in the world. Amazon Prime is great, but their free movie selection sometimes leaves me wanting.. Hulu is good too, but unless you have extra add ons within the premium, it will lock you out of some of the programming.

Hope this helps.
    Chris
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

We have hulu and netflix. Our basic cable kept going up and up every year. About the only thing I don't like about them is if a new episode comes out today, we likely don't get it until tomorrow. We mainly use hulu for tv shows and netflix for movies. So far we haven't run into shows disappearing like GhostHawk has. Perhaps a regional thing?

I was under the impression that live TV on Hulu required a slightly more expensive, "premium" monthly payment. For live TV I prefer SlingTV. It's a little bit cheaper than Hulu, and has different packages based on what you prefer.

Boolit Master

Which one has fox news, weather channel, history channel?? We dont watch regular tv shows or many movies. Once in a blue moon will watch AMC when they have OLD movies. Way to much trash on cable and it keeps going up every 6 months, getting ready to move and dump them.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Got Netflix's , you can watch live feed of Fox news on YouTube .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

SWMBO chooses the video services. She has subscriptions to Amazon Prime and Netflix for movies and Hulu for catching up on regular TV in addition to our regular cable. I don't care as long as I have the History Channel family of channels and Outdoor Channel. We, too, have noticed that shows drop off of Hulu very quickly. We don't care if the shows come a day later; we record almost everything we watch and skip commercials anyway. Can't do that on Hulu. She says if she had to drop one service it would be Hulu.

We've watched a lot of movies lately because of exceptionally cold weather for our area with single digit lows and days at a time where it never got above 30. I know, you guys in Montana and Wyoming are laughing but it's still cold. Only part of my workshop is insulated and heated and I need to work in the part that isn't right now.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Electric88 View Post
    I was under the impression that live TV on Hulu required a slightly more expensive, "premium" monthly payment. For live TV I prefer SlingTV. It's a little bit cheaper than Hulu, and has different packages based on what you prefer.
    If you want to skip commercials, you have to pay a bit more. If 'live' TV is available, it's not something I was aware of or tried. I tried it for a couple of months, no one was watching it, so I cancelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    If you want to skip commercials, you have to pay a bit more. If 'live' TV is available, it's not something I was aware of or tried. I tried it for a couple of months, no one was watching it, so I cancelled it.
    It might be a new thing. I thought it was calling itself "Hulu Premium" or "Hulu "Premier". It was about the end of November when I checked into it, because I was looking for an online source to stream a couple of the big college football games (Michigan v OSU, Bama v Auburn), and this Hulu TV service came up. They have a free 7 day trial, but I thought it was about $40 a month.

SlingTV starts at $20 a month for a basic package, and goes up from there depending on what you choose.

Also, I'll throw out the disclaimer that I am in no way affiliated with SlingTV. My wife has us on the big 3 (Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime), so I have a hard time justifying a fourth service.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    How do you folks record off these services? That's one thing I haven't gotten set up for quite yet, I'm good at OLD computer stuff but DVR not so much. Planning to change over completely once I move.

Boolit Master
    HULU seems the least attractive of the main content providers. Used to like "Dr. Pol", but that's about it. Only sports I watch are fishing and hunting.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Why record? Its all watch on demand.

DVR is hooked only into cable, there I record so I can fast forward through commercials, pause for bathroom breaks and doorbells.

But Amazon, Netflix, Hulu just hit pause. Your paused till you hit play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    How do you folks record off these services? That's one thing I haven't gotten set up for quite yet, I'm good at OLD computer stuff but DVR not so much. Planning to change over completely once I move.

Boolit Master

Revisit the question of "Which one has fox news, weather channel, history channel?" We would do away with Satellite TV if we could get Fox News and Fox Business (both Live - not the streaming recordings of segments). On Amazon I can watch the recorded Segments from Fox, but not what we are looking for. I can watch the various Democrat News Channels on the "Apple TV" one of the sons gave us for a present; but not our style either. Seems a "Non-Democrat" News Channel is our hold up for pulling the plug.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I want to record because otherwise my friend who is too cheap to pay for cable wants to come over here and watch it while I am here, which distracts me. Also sometimes I want to just time-shift something that's not watch on demand.