Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sorry but I must gloat!!

Boolit Grand Master

Age definitely has an effect on your tolerance to both hot and cold. I spent most of my waking life in a metal bldg with little heat and no AC. Today just the thought of those conditions cause me to shiver or sweat.
    First thing I did before moving back into my childhood home was install both dependable heat and AC. Boy how I'm spoiled.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I left Korea in 2012 and lived in Yuma, AZ for four years. Back in Korea now. Compared to Yuma, Phoenix only gets kind of warm! It was officially +10 degrees F this morning here - about 10 degrees warmer than it is a bit north of here! Every joint in my body hurts, and I find myself longing for Yuma!

Oh, and I do know about cold - born and raised in Colorado, and I even spent a year at the Army's Cold Regions Test Center, at Ft. Greely, AK - about 105 miles SE of Fairbanks.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

During WW2 Gen Patten did the desert warfare training in the desert surrounding Yuma. In North Africa a reporter asking the General about his religious beliefs. Asked him if he feared hell. Patton's response was "no I've been there, that's where we trained".

Back in the mid 70's I was on the road visiting auto parts stores rep-ing for a Phx warehouse. My van's A/C quit on me as I left Lake Havasu on to I-95. Temperature was officially 119 and humid as I headed toward Yuma. Felt even hotter as I left. The then Az Highway Patrol was very busy that day assisting stranded motorists. Passed two roadblocks and was given a gallon of water at each stop. Drank one and poured the other over my head as I drove south.

I rescued two young women that blew a radiator hose that day. They were traveling to a Jimmy Swaggert festival in California. My van was packed with belts, hoses and antifreeze for a tractor supply in the town south of Yuma a few miles north of the border. I found a new hose that fit their early 60's Comet, filled up their radiator with antifreeze and three of us then split my sack lunch. It was an experience I'll never forget as these girls thought I was an angel. As soon as their car started the girls did like a dance singing and chanting "praise, halleluja" and thanking Jesus for answering their prayers sending an angel. Tried my best to convince them I wasn't an angel, just an auto parts salesman and it wasn't a miracle but they didn't believe me.
    Last edited by azrednek; 01-27-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123