MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry but I must gloat!!

Boolit Master

Sorry but I must gloat!!

Had to get out of bed in the middle of the night and turn on the heat for just a few minutes. It was hard to handle cold temperatures dropping to the mid 50's after dealing with mid day temps in the mid to high 70's all week. BTW, it never snows in Phoenix!! 🤠🤠

Travelled thru Phoenix once during my military service to see the Grand Canyon. Biggest doggone hole in the ground I ever did see.

Not much inspired by sand, cacti and flat land, so I returned to the Midwest once my service was up.

I imagine you think no better of 'flyover' country.

To each their own.

I often see temperatures of well over 100 and much less than -0- within a single calendar year.

And folks think Alaska is 'extreme' .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    Had to get out of bed in the middle of the night and turn on the heat for just a few minutes. It was hard to handle cold temperatures dropping to the mid 50's after dealing with mid day temps in the mid to high 70's all week. BTW, it never snows in Phoenix!! ����
    it may have been down to -16 or -17 a few times this week, but i wont feel sorry for ya when its 110 or more in phoenix!!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Travelled thru Phoenix once during my military service to see the Grand Canyon. Biggest doggone hole in the ground I ever did see.

Not much inspired by sand, cacti and flat land, so I returned to the Midwest once my service was up.

I imagine you think no better of 'flyover' country.

To each their own.

I often see temperatures of well over 100 and much less than -0- within a single calendar year.

And folks think Alaska is 'extreme' .
    If you want extremes, try 60 or 70 below too 100 above. lol It is rare that Fairbanks gets to a hundred, but it has happened, 80 is entirely tooooooo hot.

In Remembrance
    As far as the rain, yup I have seen it, twice in 79 in Houston, at least one time it broke the worlds record since they have kept records.
    No tornados here but I have spent a lot of time in tornado country and seen the affects, hurricanes too.
    fires, we get our fair share of them, more some years than others, but they burn a lot of country some years .
    The coldest I have personally seen here is 60 below, but it has been colder, I think the hottest I have personally seen here is maybe 88 or 9, I do not recall it actually hitting 90 while I have been here, but it has hit 100 several times.
    Here 80 feels hot, 88 is unbearable here for the most part, thankfully we do not have that many days that hot.

Boolit Master

Getting a bit chilly here at 1:30 AM. Guess it's time to close the windows and back door. Only had to run my car's A/C for about 10 minutes this afternoon after leaving it parked in the sunlight at the grocery store. ��

Dowmtowm Kurri Kurri NSW,43+ today and 40+ again monday.ps thats celcus!

Boolit Master
    Yesterday was the second day since 12-18-17 That the high got above 0. Nights were always -30's temp -40/50 windchill. The only snakes I see are snow snakes.

Banned
    kind of like saying that living in hell for the weather

Boolit Master
    I've been there in the summer, kinda hot.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Gloat away ! I sort of like the different seasons. And I seem to rember some stories about being so hot in summer that car tires melted and poped .

It reached 73f today at my office in Denver from a low of 32f last night. Summer time in Colorado!! snow predicted tomorrow night.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master

AZ, I live in Phoenix and have seen it snow here. Might last 5 minutes on the ground at the most. Had the water line from the filter system in the garage to the house freeze up overnight a couple of times. Thawed out pretty fast the next day though.
    Sure beats the temperatures though from my 30 years in Michigan. Now if it would just stay under 90 in the summer we would have it made!
    I did turn my car air conditioner on when I left the grocery store this afternoon. I must be spoiled!

Boolit Master
    Only thing I'll miss about Mexifornia is the weather.

We did get a bit of rain in over the past 48 hours. 5 inches.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    I saw on Fox news that it snowed in the Sahara desert........
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Moderator Emeritus

All the TV shows about how extreme Alaska is... Minnesota has the same climate LOL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    All the TV shows about how extreme Alaska is... Minnesota has the same climate LOL
    Depending on where you are in Alaska, Minnesota is worse. I was stationed in Anchorage which is kind of the tropical part, and guys from places like upstate New York and Minnesota used to walk around in short sleeves in Winter and talk about how mild it was. Had block heaters in both cars when we moved to Kansas and I think I plugged them in more here that first Winter than I did in Anchorage.

I love Kansas, but the Winters can sometimes be a bit much for me. I would tend to err of the side of being too hot than too cold. I always liked the desert southwest a lot, but I like where I am better.

Boolit Master
    I already know that my arthritis would never allow me to live where subzero temps are not uncommon.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Gloat away ! I sort of like the different seasons. And I seem to rember some stories about being so hot in summer that car tires melted and poped .
    I do miss having four seasons. Only have two seasons in my neck of the woods, hot and cold. The stories about tires melting, frying eggs on the sidewalk etc are just wives tales. I drove around nearly all day when Phx officially reached 122. On the three days in a row of 120. The humidity was nearly nonexistent and air conditioners and swamp coolers worked great. It's been several years since there has been a freeze warning. Cooled down a little today but it's still convertible top down weather.

Boolit Grand Master

My dispatcher went home sick on the 122 degree day so I was doing the dispatching of wreckers, tire people, etc. There were so many stalled vehicles on the freeways the wreckers could not get to them. Even the Mayor's car was stalling and it took almost 5 hours for the driver to get it off the freeway. Had an ambulance stalled at a fire and told the crew to get everyone they could to push it out of the way of the fire. Even the planes quit flying.
    The fuel was a cause of most of the stalling as it had too much enthanol that the cars of the day did not like. The diesels were using JP4 which did not work out well.
    I do like the weather here most of the time but this past summer seemed hotter than most to me. I know I would not fare well in really cold weather now, but did well for 30 years in Michigan until we moved in 1981. If I want to cool off we can just drive north for a few hours or so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast