RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry but I must gloat!!

Boolit Master
    Gloat away! I love 4 distinct seasons and trees and green grass. I do miss going up into the mountains as we did in PA but here we go down into the mountain!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Moderator Emeritus

What a shame to miss out of the joy of standing on ice fighting fish. Kind of like bragging about my place when it hits 85 on a hot day for three hours then cools off to 55 at night. Most of us live where we want to.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I saw on Fox news that it snowed in the Sahara desert........
    Bet that gave Al Gore a migraine!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    All the TV shows about how extreme Alaska is... Minnesota has the same climate LOL
    When we had AT in MN one year, the guys out of the 172 LID (we were their roundout), came down from FT. Greely AK. They had a time getting adjusted, to much humidity. We had a time adjusting to the weather to. We weren't used to that cold weather. We were sleeping in tents at 30-79 below F. Got a tee shirt saying we survived 59 Below from the BG. Our met station read 79 below that morning on their thermometer. That was in Camp Ripley MN.
    Rob

Boolit Buddy
    The year we moved to Tucson , 86/87? hard to remember , too many moves- now
    IT SNOWED IN town, all around us for a day or two on Christmas day. and flowers on the cactus at the same time. what a great year and some very pretty pictures.

Was the earth warming up in 86-87?? or was that still the ICE AGE in the late 1980's?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Littleton Shot Maker View Post
    The year we moved to Tucson , 86/87? hard to remember , too many moves- now
    IT SNOWED IN town, all around us for a day or two on Christmas day. and flowers on the cactus at the same time. what a great year and some very pretty pictures.
    Was the earth warming up in 86-87?? or was that still the ICE AGE in the late 1980's?
    I grew up in Tucson and there's nothing prettier than snow in the Catalinas and the Sonoran desert! Ed
    Attachment 211682Attachment 211683

Meanwhile in the hills of pennsylvanisa, I had to get up for the same reason, sort-of, the temp in my bedroom had dropped to the mid 40's and I had to go outside for another 40# of coal to throw on the fire (after first adding a shovel full of wood pellets)
    you see coal burns in a way you might not understand.

First you must burn something else that will burn hot enough t make those shiny black rocks glow red hot. you see, it isn't exactly coal that burns but carbon that sublimates from the surface of the coal this in turn burns to Carbon Monoxide which itself being flammable burns further to Carbon Dioxide. But through the whole process you need a continuous supply of air to the fire and those black rocks though hot are individually nice little black body Radiators so you need many of them radiating onto each other to maintain the reaction , also required is periodic shaking to remove the layer of ash that prevents radiation and absorbtion as well as oxygen to reach the carbon...

so all in all you have a tough life, I will shed a tear for you

and I'll sincerely hope my electric blanket keeps working!
    Because one of my cats, the grey tiger sleeps on top of the covers and if it gets cold he wakes me up.
    The OTHER, the yellow tiger cat sleeps under the covers and simply does not care....

Do you understand it is all about keeping the cats happy?

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    Had to get out of bed in the middle of the night and turn on the heat for just a few minutes. It was hard to handle cold temperatures dropping to the mid 50's after dealing with mid day temps in the mid to high 70's all week. BTW, it never snows in Phoenix!! 🤠🤠

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    If you want extremes, try 60 or 70 below too 100 above. lol It is rare that Fairbanks gets to a hundred, but it has happened, 80 is entirely tooooooo hot.
    80 is just a warm summer's day. It's not hot until it hits the 90s.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    Had to get out of bed in the middle of the night and turn on the heat for just a few minutes. It was hard to handle cold temperatures dropping to the mid 50's after dealing with mid day temps in the mid to high 70's all week. BTW, it never snows in Phoenix!! 🤠🤠
    Ohhhhhhh, I remember waking up in December of I think 1986 to 3 and 4 inches of snow. Scottsdale all the way up to Bell road the cactus all were wearing 4 inch snow caps. lol

Boolit Master

Ah yes, I remember Phoenix well. Taking off from Phoenix Sept 2016 in a max loaded 737-800 on a nonstop flight to Buffalo NY on a 97 deg. day. It was the fastest I have ever gone with wheels on the ground and a 9000 ft+ takeoff roll. When we landed in Buf I asked the First Officer what our takeoff speed was. He replied"We rotated at 157kts (about 170 mph) it was pretty much a max performance take off".
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

Let it snow thats why we have snowmobiles.

We are blessed with variety. Like Tuesday it was single digits and the snow which was several inches deep squeaked when you walked on it. Day in a half later it's all melted and you see nothing but grass, mud and lumps of snow where the big drifts were. Followed by freezing rain that turned to a few inches of snow and temps in the teens. Good thing we have those big Great Lakes to sort of moderate things.

How people live with temps that only fluctuate 20 degrees is just beyond me. Why I bet they don't even have winter and summer bullet lube. Oh wait yes they do, summer is made from recycled plastic 2 liter bottles because anything wax or petroleum based melts by 9:30 in the morning.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Let it snow thats why we have snowmobiles.
    You have snow mobiles, I have air conditioning and two Republican Senators!! ����

Boolit Master

Calling mclame a Republican is a bit of a stretch. Flakey seems about the same.

Donnelly should be gone next cycle. He only made it in because the republicans ran with a idiot and I directly blame that dude for the passage of obama care.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    You need to come further south where we are (south of Tucson) to cool down a little more. I've actually been wearing a stocking hat and my Carhart jacket when I walks the dogs just before sunrise . . . but soon shed the a bit later! Just something about that nice sun and clear blue sky that doesn't make me miss the cold and snow back in Michigan!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by leadman View Post
    I do like the weather here most of the time but this past summer seemed hotter than most to me. I know I would not fare well in really cold weather now, but did well for 30 years in Michigan until we moved in 1981. If I want to cool off we can just drive north for a few hours or so.
    Lead man, don't know if it's the temperature. I think age and our tolerance for heat weakens. As a kid here in Phx in the 50 and 60's. There were no video games and we were out playing baseball or other activities in 110 degrees. We drank cool water out of evaporative coolers never getting sick. Only the wealthy had air conditioners and we survived, even grocery stores only had Chillers. Nowadays anything over 78 degrees is intolerable.

just saw this, can only say be careful what you wish for...
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    just saw this, can only say be careful what you wish for...
    You're right!! Peaked in the low to mid 70's today and I actually had to put on jacket when I went out tonight. Now that Mopar decided to bring back a factory to Michigan. All those furloughed Mexican workers will be sneaking across AZ's southern border and you will have your revenge. Gee thx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blanket View Post
    kind of like saying that living in hell for the weather

According to Norse mythology "hell" is very cold

Boolit Master

After I washed my car today, I hosed of the driveway and walkway. Thought about you guys shoveling snow!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast