RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What did you >>> CAST <<< recently?

Haha, no bracing for cold here.
    Its over 80.

Boolit Master

A small pile of Lee 358-105 SWC and a slightly larger pile of Lee 358-125 RF.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Man
    My new Arsensal 403-180-TC-PC mold arrived yesterday. Cast 34.5lb of 40S&W boolits today. The mold performed very well, certainly will be looking at Arsenal for future molds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34.5LB-403-180TC-PC.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	212549

Boolit Grand Master
    I've cast nothing.
    To gosh darn cold to cast in the garage. Maybe March. The ground and concrete pad will thaw in later April.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy

Noe 454-230-rn

NOE HG 34 clone, 45 ACP 230 Gr RN. Got it at their New Years 20% off sale, took 3 weeks to get it.
    Did a few tonight (10.6 Lbs/325) till it got too cold on the patio. Did them for a friend on THR who is chasing a leading problem with his Kimber 45. Seems his barrel is .4525.

Last edited by 2011redrider; 01-29-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Got out the 12 and 20 gauge shotgun sabot molds and took advantage of some warmer weather here on the gulf coast this weekend.

Last edited by MOA; 02-08-2018 at 03:59 AM.

Boolit Master
    Attachment 212969Attachment 212970Yesterday it got up to 48 degrees so, cast a bunch of Baco 443530E and the survivors are grouped after bell curve as shown.523.3 goes in one and 523.4 goes in another (hey it"s slow this time of year)and it keeps you busy !

Boolit Master

Got a replacement Lyman 2C 452-651 that was casting small. Heat cycled the new mold Friday and dropped a few with certified 90-5-5 and COWW plus alot of tin. One cavity is off center leaving a nice parting lip and is undersized and the other is right on the edge of being too small. Tried jacking the heat from 650 - 780. The Coww got better as the heat rose but the above is the best.

Since I had the pots hot, dropped 250 of MiHec's 359-147gc for the 9mm. Sized these up Sunday alot with the keeper 452-651s. I'll be sending the replacement mold back with another note and the last two casted from each alloy. Going for a custom mold for a heavy 45 Colt/454 mold. Looking at NOE & LBT.

A couple of hundred RD350 for Boy Scout buffalo Shoot, and a few hundred SAECO #315 for an upcoming pig hunting week.
    All heat treated, gas checked and lubed, the 30/30s remain to be loaded.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Somewhat over 100 each Lee C309150f, C309113f, and 358105swc.
    Yes, I'm a lightweight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    The cabin fever got to me so I warmed up the furnace. First I minted some .313" 107 grain wadcutters to test in 32 S&W Long and 32 H&R Mag. Next was a pile of Lyman 452374 from a mold I had recently bought because the price was right. I had several other brands of 45 RN molds, but not this pattern until very recently, looks like it will be a long friendship with both molds. All boolits from both molds, about 300 of each style, are sized and lubed and ready to load. No, this is not a large volume of boolits, but the cabin fever has subsided considerably. Guess I'm just too easy to please. SWMBO may disagree.

Went into a casting frenzy with my new H&G50 8 banger from Mihec. Have not even had a chance to go through and remove culls, but I went through 4 pots worth.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    Went into a casting frenzy with my new H&G50 8 banger from Mihec. Have not even had a chance to go through and remove culls, but I went through 4 pots worth.
    Finally got around to sorting my pile. 43.5 pounds of 146 grain keepers. I have a lot of sizing to do.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Grand Master

You guys embarrass me. Due to Dr visits for me and Mom, and a short stay in the hospital, I haven't even cast a shadow.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    You guys embarrass me. Due to Dr visits for me and Mom, and a short stay in the hospital, I haven't even cast a shadow.
    That's cutting things pretty thin...hope you come out on top!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Cast and sized 900 45Ruger onlys solids with My new MP mold

Finally got some handles so I could try out one of the two new to me molds. Also first time using my new Hatch PID. First time with anything other than a lee two cavity. Mold is the lyman 452460 200 gn SWC. Pretty big difference between lee two cavity and a lyman mold, wow took a bit to get used to it.

Things started out rough, the mold wouldn't open at first (with cavities full), then once I managed to get them open the boolits were stuck like ticks. Thought great here we go, this went on for a few casts until I watched the mold when I attempted to open it. It appeared that the bottom half were the alignment pins are was opening fine but the boolit was holding on so it wouldn't open, so I grabbed the bottom of the mold and spread the handles and viola! the mold open and also amazingly enough both boolits jumped right out of the mold. okay noted, now to figure out what else this quirky mold might want.

I probably cast a couple hundred and probably half were junkers but I learned some new things and really gained an appreciation for the mold material. I was casting quite a bit slower than I cast with my aluminum lee molds but not having to beat every boolit out of the mold was quite nice. It will require another casting session before I get used to this for sure, I am really looking forward to the NOE mold that is sitting on m bench. Brass, boy is it heavy but it'll be a learning experience for sure.

I am however already liking these 452460 boolits (previously used lee 452-200swc). They look really nice, feed well (hand cycle) in my 1911. AND here is the best part PLAIN BASE so no more lube on the bottom from my lyman 45 lube sizer! They feed just fine into the case with the amount of belling I was using before so...
    Attachment 215761

Poured 28lbs of 358-100 for the girlfriends 380acp, last Monday & Tuesday. Powder coated them all Wednesday night and started sizing. Finished sizing the **** load of boolits Thursday night and cleaned some 380 brass for the weekend load up. Started loading Friday evening and finished up Saturday night. Ended up with just over 2k loaded 380acp, that should last her for the rest of the year..... I hope. She did have just over 300 left from last years loading session.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Grand Master

Spent Saturday afternoon casting with a new to me H&G 68 four cavity mold. Cast about 1500 bullets with it. Like most H&G molds, it was a joy to cast with. Cleaned it well, warmed it up, dabbed a little lube on it and got keepers on about the third fill!

Just 100 .452 230 gr from the Lee 6 cavity to replace some burned up .45acp rounds.

Next up are about the same of .358 125 for 9mm action.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast