WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo box for long .45 cals

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    If you can find a local makerspace they will have a laser cutter, most likely, and you should be able to get a box designed & made using that to cut thin birch plywood to form a box that's custom & would fit your exact needs, if nothing else is findable. Or 3d print a suitable case. Either of these you might be able to find design files on thingiverse to start from. Wood is prettier, true this

Boolit Mold
    Graf &Sons has the Berry's boxes in stock with a flat rate $7.95 shipping.

Todd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by craneman View Post
    Graf &Sons has the Berry's boxes in stock with a flat rate $7.95 shipping.

Todd
    minimum $40 for a graf's online order. always something ...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I have switched to PP in my 45-70 and because the boolits are seated right out the cartridge is around 3 inches long. None of my boxes will take them.
    I wish to store them boolit up.
    What is available as there must be something that holds 45-90 and 45-100 also?

Thanks.
    Keith
    For my 510 wells express I use the 22 round MTM box. I prefer boxes over slip-top cases, and DEMAND mechanical hinges (living hinges make me angry for non-throwaway stuff). I wish it was 25 rounds, or 50, but I digress. Nothing else fits right.

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Round-Fli.../dp/B001Q8HCI8

Max OAL 3.84".

Will that cover your 45-100?

------------------

I LOVE the idea of a nice wooden box. but at hte end of the day I need something that is cheap, works, not bulky, and adds minimal weight because I don't use rolling boxes yet. MTM fills that need for now.

Boolit Buddy
    Yep, thats the two I bought a couple of posts back. Cant find anymore. The Amazon mob says they dont post to my address or I would get some more.

Boolit Master

wow, how did I miss that. Sorry about that. Anyways, it's a great box. Just gotta find a vendor for more.

Super Moderator

..............I use the Berry's 612 Ultra for my 45-90's, which look somewhat dwarfed in there The cells are .640" square, while the internal height is 3.75" tall. They also make boxes that will hold the 577-450 and .577 Snider base down.

I do not understand why someone would have an issue shipping to Australia, New Zealand, or Tasmania? When I had my custom machining business I shipped to the 3 just mentioned and Canada, a few S. American countries, all the Scandinavian countries, Great Britain, France, Germany, and a couple former 'Iron Curtain' counties, and S. Africa.

The customs form is a very simple & 1/2 the size of a sheet of typing paper (mostly instructions) a couple boxes to fill in and 1 or 2 to place a check mark in. The only problem is as a private person you have to go to the post office to mail it. No big deal. You go ONLY on Tuesday or Wednesday (never before or after a holiday) and you go no earlier then 10 am, and NLT 1500

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Mold
    Very nice setup.

Boolit Master
    If you buy a large order of Berry's boxes ($75) they will cover the shipping.
    I bought a large batch of 415s to use with the .50-90 Sharps and they covered the shipping.
    EDG

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    minimum $40 for a graf's online order. always something ...
    Thanks for that. I've been doing business with them for years and didn't know it. Guess that says a lot about how much business I have done with them!
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12