RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: Wanted 1 piece of brass and bullet

Boolit Bub

Wanted 1 piece of brass and bullet

I am looking for 1 piece of 6.5 remington magnum brass and 1 nosler 142 grain accubond long range bullet. I am starting a new project and need to have a reamer made.
    Last edited by fabricator21; 01-06-2018 at 03:53 AM.

Okay you peaked my interest. What is it you are planning for this particular combination?
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Bub
    I am going to build a savage long action 6.5 rem mag. I am going to have the reamer cut so the aol will be in the range of 2.95 to 3.10 won't know for sure until I get the brass and bullet.
    Last edited by fabricator21; 01-06-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Summers in N.E. PA, Winters in Central Florida
    Fabricator21, I'll take a look in my brass stash, I do have some magnum rifle cases, don't know if I have any 6.5 Rem. Mag, will take a look and get back to you.
    The only 6.5 cal. bullets I have are for the 6.5 Carcano, they won't do you any good.

Okay sorry I don't have this caliber, bump up to the top maybe someone will be able to help you out.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Bub
    Sir - does the brass need to be new, 1x fired, or fired and sized?

I believe I may have a few 6.5 RM pieces that aren’t in my rotation.

Shoot me a PM! Sorry I don’t have any of those Accubonds.

Boolit Master
    Can’t help with the bullet but let me know if you get stuck on the brass.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

I have these. Two fired brass ith a Rem 140 gr CL inserted in one. PM if you want them.
    Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator21 View Post
    I am looking for 1 piece of 6.5 remington magnum brass and 1 nosler 142 grain accubond long range bullet. I am starting a new project and need to have a reamer made.
    Are you dead set on the 6.5 RM? There are several 6.5 cartridges that I might prefer to the Rem Mag if I was undertaking this project.

One is the 6.5 PRC which should be a duplicate of or slightly better the 6.5 RM ballistics. it is the Ruger Compact Magnum, 0.535 rim and case head, and designed as a short action cartridge.

I'm not one to jump onto the newest and greatest bandwagon, but if I was building a 6.5, I'd consider the swede and the PRC, although the swede is a better fit in a medium action. If you are invested in the RM with brass and dies, then I completely understand. Good luck.

Boolit Master
    If you're building a rifle, i'd just buy some brass and bullets. You could have 3 people send you brass shot from their rifles and you'd end up with 3 slightly different sets of measurements.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the replies. I might just go with hornadys new 6.5 prc

Boolit Bub
    For what it is worth - I would skip the 6.5 RPC. There seems to be little (no?) benefit of it over the 6.5 SAUM. It is based on the same platform requirements (bolt face and action), yet is not as ballistically advanced. The 6.5 SAUM also has a few years of research and evidence behind it. Just my $0.02, not that you asked!

In either case, Hornady brass is readily available from GA Precision for both! George Gardner was heavily involved with both cartridges.