Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: 12 gauge slug data

Boolit Bub

12 gauge slug data

Does anyone have data, powder and wad, for a lee C501-440-RF 500 S&W Magnum (501 Diameter) 440 Grain Flat Nose, in a AA hull?

I thought I had run into an article about it somewhere, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Boolit Master
    In order to try to help, I will make a suggestion...

Give Lee Precision a call on Monday about it,(262) 673-3075, or email them: https://leeprecision.com/contact-us.html before then, & get the info directly from the ones who make the mold for that boolit. Seems likely that "if" there is a load for that boolit(slug?) in a Winchester AA hull, that they would know of it & be able to help out. Or, perhaps send ya in the right direction...

G'Luck! in your search, though~!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

I've never heard that combo mentioned, and as far as I'm aware, there is only one .50 sabot offered currently. You can find the data in the BPI slug manual.

Boolit Grand Master

I almost forgot about slugs r us, but its not really a good choice. I've used it with .50 Lee REAL bullets and .50 xtp bullets, and neither worked at all when you slit it. The bullets just blow the base out and you don't have any accuracy at all. The RSS from BPI is the only true sabot.

Boolit Bub

That ballistics products wad looks like the one i was looking for. I will see which shell works with it.
    Thanks
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Boolit Grand Master

I just pulled out my BPI slug manual. It's a couple years old, but I'm sure they had the RSS sabot at the time, yet they are not in the manual at all. I'd give BPI a call, they probably have a brochure for them.

Boolit Master

I'm not running a 50 Boolit as I figured it would need a sabot. I actually have the Lee .50 440 mold as my neighbor has a S&W 500 and a NEF 500 he got for Christmas from his neighbor. I am however running a Lee .69 RB with a special wad that basically looks like the rear gas cup end but on both ends. The ball weighs 1 1/8oz which made powder charge a no brainer. To help keep the ball centered down the .72 bore, I put a scoop of corn meal (an old black powder thing someone taught me) as it also helped to adjust the load height for a good fold crimp. I bought a roll crimp tool and was thinking of powder coating to get to bore diameter, get some semi see through hulls and use Zombie Green powder. It ought to be sweet. I have also pondered getting a rifled barrel for the 20 guage, and a round ball mold for that too
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Today:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REM870_Express_A-TAC_Lyman525_AA_12R_BlueDot.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	211799

Quote Originally Posted by mehavey View Post
    Today:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REM870_Express_A-TAC_Lyman525_AA_12R_BlueDot.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	211799
    Best post on load ever. Shows all the pertinent info. Load, Charge, Wad, Hull, Firearm and a target photo. I love it.

Kraken Fan #69