RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: Remington 141 in 35 remimgton.

Remington 141 in 35 remimgton.

I think I "need" a Remington 141 in 35. What price should I expect to pay, what should I look out for as far possible issue that one I purchase may have. Thanks for your time and input.

Boolit Buddy
    Price depends on condition . I’m a 141 & 14 nut . The last one I bought at a gun shop had seen a LOT of rough use but was mechanically fine with a good bore and I gave $175 for it .
    Can’t really think of anything particular to the model to look out for except when looking at one you may be interested in , work the action several times and when sliding the bolt to battery , slam it very hard . You won’t hurt anything but if some kitchen table gunsmith performed a “trigger job” on it it may release the firing pin with obvious consequences when clambering a live round .
    IMHO , the Rem 14/141 in 35 Rem is the slickest heavy cover whitetail rig in existence .
    I have not bought a very nice/pristine example in over 25 yrs but even if you have to pay $350 - $400 for a nice shooter grade , you’ll have a fantastic piece of American gun making art that if made the same way with the same materials today would set you back a few Grand .
    Get one . You won’t be sorry .

Boolit Master

I bought one on May 23, 2013. Why do I remember that date? Well my wife and I were directed by the OB-GYB to proceed straight to the hospital so we could have our daughter. What do I do? I go by the local gun store to pick up a pretty nice model 141 I had my eye on. It was only then that we go to the hospital where our package arrived the next day. I haven't shot mine much as I had a round go off due to what I think is a weak firing pin spring allowing the firing pin to slam home at a most inopportune time!
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Buddy
    141's in 35 Remington with the spiral magazine tube are really good handling woods/brush rifle. Recently bought one in about 95 %. Was out shooting it today with 220 gr M&P cast hollow points and a starting load of 4198. Nicer unaltered rifles are commanding a premium. One's with sling swivels added or drilled and tapped for a scope go for less. Side mounted guns are the least desirable and should be the most reasonably priced. They make good shooters. Watch the gun auction sites, rifles that are bid on and sold will give you an indication of what they are selling for. Regional sales always fluctuate, some types of rifles are more desirable and command higher prices in certain areas. Rifles with good bores,unaltered and decent finish go from 450.00 to 1000.00.
    Rick
    Last edited by Rick B; 01-06-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0222.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	211195
    Got it for 250 blueing is well worn. Stock I refinished. Leather I had made. Finding ones without scopes seems to be rare

Boolit Buddy
    They are tough to find with out extra holes. My local gunshop has one almost mint except is drilled (on top of receiver) for a scope base. I think they want $450 for it. If I didn't already have a 760 in 35 Remington I would probably buy it. The model 14 and 141 are well built rifles.

GB has several right now but are around 500 to 600......

Banned
    The old 141 is a GREAT rifle for hunting most anything in the brush.

WISHING that I had KEPT mine.
    (Found a LH Model 700BDL with a MINT 4X Leopold scope & traded it off, like trading mules, to an old friend of mine.)

yours, tex