WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: unhappy dog!

Boolit Master

unhappy dog!

We moved after 47 years and am happy with the move. Now the dog 2 years old Sheweene has been acting out and showing her displeasure, doing things she has never done. Wife said she is angry that we haven went "home" I guess she will get use to the new home.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    Some of them take a while to adjust, not unlike some people. A buddy of mine moved last summer and his dogs were "sort of bummed out" for a few days. They cheered up when his wife brought their old cat to the new house.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Buddy
    play with the dog, do some things with it, to show new home and here to stay.

Boolit Bub
    Maybe your dog needs a playmate. A new puppy couldn't hurt.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Sheweene will settle down , moving is hard on everyone . I'm glad to hear ya'll got settled , I know it was a bummer to have to move and am hoping it will be even better foe everyone !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

had to laugh. Our one year old choc lab is a lap dog. He crawls up on top of you in the recliner every day. We went out Friday and bought two new recliners and he sits by them and wines and refuses to climb up on our laps.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Try treats but only served if he gets in your lap? Freeze dried liver is a good one.

Maybe your dog is missing his bed on the back porch or maybe his favorite toys like his ball or something like that...they need something familiar to go with all that new space around them...they are creatures of habit just like us.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Banned
    Back in 09 we moved to a new house that was a lot larger than our first home. The two German Shepherds enjoyed the move and found that being able to sleep on the deck had its benefits as well as positioning themselves under the ceiling fan in the living room. Oh, I must not forget the gas fireplace that helped warm them up after romping in the snow.

Your dog problem might just be that the dog feels left out with your attention being given to moving furniture, mounting drapes and such. Give the dog an ice cream followed by a shot of Jack Daniels and the dog will come around in fine style.

Boolit Grand Master

I expect your pooch will adjust to your new home. Like the others said, play with her and be patient. They have habits just like we do. We keep the kids dogs when they travel. The first few times they would not eat. Now after a few times they are comfortable. The cat don't like them though!

Boolit Master
    We trimmed the large plne trees in the back yard she is much happyer now she sees me do yard work as this was her favorite time at the old house.
    Frank G.