Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load DataPBcastcoRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New Marlin 1894C's on the way!!!

Banned

New Marlin 1894C's on the way!!!

Well, it looks like us lever gun guys might have something new to spend our money on in 2018.

We will see.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...in-lever-guns/

One word. Yuck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind having a Remlin 1894C for inclement weather and stout loads. My cherry 1981 version is reserved for sunny days and mild loads.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Master

Time will tell if these are good or popular. There is a certain attraction to a SS & synthetic lever rifle in pistol cartridge together with a can. I love older rifles with nice wood and blued steel but I don't care if the younger folks choose or prefer new products as long as they join us in our hobby.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Quote Originally Posted by blikseme300 View Post
    Time will tell if these are good or popular. There is a certain attraction to a SS & synthetic lever rifle in pistol cartridge together with a can. I love older rifles with nice wood and blued steel but I don't care if the younger folks choose or prefer new products as long as they join us in our hobby.
    I agree with you, it's just ugly and overpriced IMO. Plastic stocks should cost less than wood any day. I hate to see people take subsonic ammo hunting for deer because the power isn't there. Sure, it can be done but that doesn't mean you should. I'll put my flame retardant suit on now!

Boolit Grand Master

New Marlin 1894C's on the way!!!

Just because you're using a suppressor doesn't mean you use subsonic ammo. It still decreases the decibel level. I will agree that using subsonic ammo for hunting isn't a smart thing to do. It will have enough power at certain ranges so it can be used. It's just not something I do.

Boolit Master

At that price, it should function flawlessly and have the right sort of rifling and twist!
    But, from what I see, no thanks.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    At that price, it should function flawlessly and have the right sort of rifling and twist!
    But, from what I see, no thanks.
    The 1894Cs have had ballard rifling w/ a fast enough twist to handle heavy weight bullets for a few decades now.

Boolit Master
    I think he was talking about the latest bunch of reports of remlins having little to no rifling present.
    I like the idea of a threaded barrel and the XS sights. I'd like to see a walnut stock on stainless but could live with plastic. However, I will not be buying one unless remlin can get their act together.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I agree with you, it's just ugly and overpriced IMO. Plastic stocks should cost less than wood any day. I hate to see people take subsonic ammo hunting for deer because the power isn't there. Sure, it can be done but that doesn't mean you should. I'll put my flame retardant suit on now!

A .44 250 gr. flat point @ 1050 is plenty for a deer in the woods. It is ugly and over-priced.

Looking at the picture of the catalog in the TFB link, it appears that the standard 1894C is coming back so that is progress.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Man
    The Marlin website was updated last week and has all 4 versions of 1894C in 38/357.

Boolit Buddy
    With Remington going teats up who knows if they will ever be making more?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post

The only time I advocate sub sonic for hunting is when you have the diameter to not need expansion and enough weight behind it to punch through. A 44 with 250 to 300gr going 1050fps isn't likely to stop in a deer or elk inside 150 yards.

I want one in 45lc to use with my 45 can, I'd probably use it often for hunting subsonic/suppressed.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Master
    I was hunting over fresh snow several years ago and stopped to look around at the top of a ridge line. Below me and about 200 yards away was a road with another ridge line on the other side of it. As I was looking toward the other ridge I saw movement. Pulled up the binoculars and found the source of the movement - a SS rifle! From the distance I could not see the hunter's safety orange vest, but did see the sunlight reflecting off the SS rifle. At that point I determined to never own a hunting rifle in SS. While others may have an opportunity or need for a SS rifle, that is all fine and well for them, but I will not carry one.

Boolit Master
    At the NEC gun show on Friday saw a marlin stainless 357 mag looked very good with laminate stock ,glad there being made again.

That is progress. Hopefully whoever ends up with Remmy and/or Marlin will keep moving them forward. Maybe cut away all the dead weight products that no one cares about and have the Ilion plant focus only on the core lines of each brand.