MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: 45ACP 230 grain truncated cone molds - What do folks like for PCing? Also 9MM

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

45ACP 230 grain truncated cone molds - What do folks like for PCing? Also 9MM

I haven't been casting in TOO long, looking for a 6-gang or so mold. Something like a Lee 452-230-TC but not necessarily Lee. I'd probably use it for occasional 45 LC as well, have to see if I get something to use that in Also looking for something like that in 9mm / 380 Auto so probably 105 Grain or so weight range. I've had good accuracy in the past with the j-word boolits in 9mm, and 45; PCing these should improve things in a few ways I'd think. Also curious what alloys people use for these, do you WC after dropping them (before PCing o'course) and so on.

Thanks!

Boolit Master
    I have the lee .452-230 tc and the 356-120 tc regular lube grove in 6 cavity , I originally purchased them to have the blocks cut down to remove the beveled base to reduce the weight , but they shoot so well in my 9s and 45s I haven't done it . Those are the only lee molds I own and I am very satisfied with them . Casting with 50/50 coww -soft plumbers lead works for me .

Boolit Master
    Ditto...
    I have the same molds along with some others as Toallmy. Other than I plan to leave my molds as rec'd. It applies to what I do as well with alloy too. 50/50 = COWW/Pb for me as well.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I also have the Lee 45 230tc mold with standard lube grooves as well as the 9mm 120tc. Both work well and shoot better.
    I cast with range scrap for the most part so I am not certain exactly what my alloy is.
    You mentioned wanting a smaller boolit for the 380. I have a Lee tl 356-95-rf that shoots well in most of my 9mm pistols. I have to think it would work well in 380 as that is what it was designed for.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Sounds good. Guess I can deal with separate molds for 9mm & 380