Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8” of snow in Virginia

Boolit Master

8” of snow in Virginia

As I stand on this ridiculous line in the grocery stor, watching all these stupid people stocking up on stuff that will probably go bad before they can use it. I have to laugh. After living in Florida for thirty years and having been hit by four hurricanes in one years time, blowing my house down, and living in the Adirondack mountains close to Canada, 10 of snow ain’t nothing! Oh well take care everyone
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Had to cut my post short as it was my turn at the checkout. After waiting for a half hour. Anyway they are calling for 8 to 10 inches of snow in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Hampton, were I live! Every body is going nuts! I can’t wait! After 30 years of heat and humidity. I can’t wait for snow. I’ve been here 3 years and have only seen flurries. I made my rum run and the wife, dogs, and I are patiently waiting. The news told everyone that if your power goes out to keep your refrigerator closed to keep the stuff cold. It’s 20° out supposed to go down to the single digits move your stuff outside if it’s frozen! As for the idiots in the store buying all the stuff they’ll never use I have nothing to say. The best is supposed to go up to 50 Monday so the snows going to melt anyway what’s the big deal ! Oh well anyone else from my area Virginia stay safe and warm it’ll be fine! And I hope you have some fun in the snow I know I will

Boolit Master

Please don’t confuse the Norfolk area with Virginia. In western Virgina we deal with the snow very well.

Moderator Emeritus

Haven't heard about snow and I am near the Virginia boarder in West Virginia. So far have only had less than 2" of snow so far this season. Good luck.

Boolit Master
    dannyd,
    I perfectly understand. My hope is to relocate to the western part of the state. Time will tell.

Vendor Sponsor

Norfolk is gonna get the cr@p knocked out of it. I lived there for 20yrs in Norview. I don't miss it. My favorite saying about Tidewater drivers in the winter was "There's a snowflake! HIT THE DITCH!!"
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    dannyd,
    I perfectly understand. My hope is to relocate to the western part of the state. Time will tell.
    I relocated from Norfolk to Florida 42 years ago and never looked back. Grew up in the north corner of Virginia Don’t like snow and we had wood or coal to heat with. And in the 1970’s Norfolk didn’t like sailors to much.

Boolit Grand Master

Oh no, 8" of snow. That means you get up early to clear it, go to work, come home and clear what fell during the day. We're supposed to get 2"-3". For some reason they already delayed school two hours. They never did when I was a kid, which was in the 90s. They're so worried about an accident and getting sued. Surprised they haven't called delays because of the single digit temps in the morning. God forbid kids have to dress properly to go outside.

Boolit Bub

what is worse than fear fear itself

Boolit Master
    Hey I grew up in the 60s, I didn’t have a bus to take me to school. The rule was you had to live more than a mile away from school to ride the bus. That was following there rout. On a highway, witch you couldn’t possibly walk on. The way I had to walk was over 2 miles. I didn’t think anything of it. Snow, rain, whatever. This was on Long Island NY. I know others walked farther but this was in suburban Long Island. You’d have to have a Foot of snow for a snow day.’

Boolit Master
    Dougguy,
    The driver here are ridiculous. I use to live in Florida also, for for 20 years. I use to think Florida driers were bad but after living here for a few years , I now believe drivers in Virginia Beach or the worst. I’m glad I live in Hampton now

Boolit Master
    If you cross the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel to the lovely eastern shore of Virginia you will see the world stop moving when it snows , and I'm going to enjoy it .

Boolit Buddy

toallmy I am with you, sitting here drinking coffee watching the news and listening them use their serious voices telling you how bad it is I have to laugh
    what sucks worse then the snow is Fri and Sat we are looking at a high of 17 and a low below zero like -2
    Tony

Boolit Grand Master

Well, for someone who hasn't lived in it, it is 'terrible'! Moved here from New Hampshire 23 years ago, childhood in central Maine, and undergrad in Fairmont, WVa! I've played in, shoveled, plowed, blown, driven in, loved and cursed the snow. Now I'm glad to be warm and look out the window at it. LOML and I both at home, offices closed for the day. This is a serious storm for anyone, and very serious for those who have never seen a Northeaster. And yes, further north will be hit worse than we - the storm center was 200 miles due east of Norfolk about an hour ago, we are almost out of it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Biscuits are almost done and I'm enjoying looking out the window at the winter wonderland . Be safe and keep warm .

We had a major storm earlier in the year...actually nipped the oranges and lemons...in all seriousness...take care in the bad weather..I moved from the snow long ago and never looked back..now all I look at is cracked plaster from the last earthquake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161224_011.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	211029

Boolit Grand Master

Still snowing, I'm guessing 9-9.5" here. Shoveled off the front porch, access to the cars, and now cleaning off the cars - LOML and I. Came in because I got overheated. Given the predicted temps this will be around through the weekend - temps on Monday in the 50's. Nobody on our street is even out - LOML and I the only ones shoveling. Not even any kids wanting to make money - today I'd take them up on it!

I got a pair of gaiters when I was in Jr. College and winter camping in the Appalachians. Used them in WVa., stored them in Cali., used them in NH, and now, after 23 years here, I got them out to work in this snow. It's over the top of my boots. Yeah, this is the worst we've seen here in 23 years at least.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Clear blue sky and not a snowflake in sight here nothing on the ground we need snow in the high country or it will be a dry summer

Boolit Master
    Wayne Smith, we must be neighbors , Hampton my location.
    I went out for a walk at midnight. It always looks so peaceful and clean when it first snows. Mother Nature is awesome

Boolit Master

I grew up in Virginia Beach, now live in Charlottesville. I never realized we had so many members in VA!

I was driving back from Richmond last night, and was coming down pretty well on 64 around Gum Spring clear through Louisa. A girl I work with lives in Fluvanna County and said there was 1" of ice on the roads on the way in last night... I am surprised we didn't get any of it.

The Port of Virginia (Norfolk/P-mouth and Richmond) closed down today because of the storm.
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast