Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8” of snow in Virginia

Boolit Master
    when they start calling for bad weather. I go and get another 1000 lb of coal.

Boolit Master

Does I-64 still the runway lights for the fog over the mountain.

Out here near SW VA, we would settle for any moisture we can get, just labeled us "moderate drought". 25deg F and 30mph winds today...
    Stay safe all.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    I don't think so... But I also haven't been over the mountain lately.

There's a gun shop in Fishersville I like to go to, and the Home Depot is in Waynesboro. I like it out that way..
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Master

How the yankees captured Richmond.

In 62, the yankees tried but got bloodied. In 63, they tried again but got whooped. Finally, with Grant in charge, they tried in 64. They waited until the weather got real bad. Then they infiltrated a turncoat from W. VA into the Confederate line who said he had just come from up north and a snow storm was on the way. An hour later the same ploy, a bad winter storm with lots of snow was on the way.

This being Richmond, about half the confederates abandoned their positions and ran to the stores to stock up on bread, toilet paper and milk. By the time the ruse was discovered, the Yankees were on the grounds of the state capitol grounds.

Boolit Master
    Over here in LaFollette Tn we`re in really bad shape.We just had a 1/4"dusting of snow.*****.Had to stay inside though.Had a little bit of ice this morning.And as I have to use a cane outside,I did`nt feel the need for any busted bones.Wishing all the best for moderating weather.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    They probably do. I have seen 100 car pileups on Afton Mtn because of the fog.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    They probably do. I have seen 100 car pileups on Afton Mtn because of the fog.
    Yeah, I live about 15 min away from the mountain (in/near Crozet), and it definitely gets sketchy up on the mountain in the fog. I haven't noticed lights though..

This 65 car pileup was in '98... I was three...
    http://www.nytimes.com/1998/04/20/us...-mountain.html
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Goodness gracious....we just got 14" of snow with 45 mph winds. Drifts hip deep this morning when I cleared the driveway with the snow blower. Drove to my client appointment in Portland ME and was doing 45 on the Maine Turnpike because of the blowing snow. It is supposed to get down to -10 (air temp) tonight with 45 mph winds.....tomorrow night is -20 (air temp) with the same winds.
    I am firing up the diesel Benz and let it idle all night. There is no way it will start this weekend. We did that in Germany in the winters - let the tanks and deuce and a half's run all night.
    But it's GLOBAL WARMING, right? Just ask Al Gore.....
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy

Well been out playing in the snow last couple days I estimate we got 9-10 inches hard to tell will all the drifting we had the constant 30 - 40 mph wind with gusts well over that.
    Got the neighbors cleaned out with the tractor, youngest Son was out with the plow truck (he helps a local guy that has a contract at malls and stores during snow events) had a break down with the plow Thursday morning had to do some welding on the plow (she's got some age on her) to keep him going. nothing like working on equipment behind the Texas Road House, snowing and wind whipping LOL.
    Middle Son is a Lineman he has been putting in a lot of OT with the wind and cold temps pack a bag they told him, we'll see I will talk to him today.
    Got neighbors Daughter and another Nurse home after their shift Thursday night messed around yesterday pushed a little more snow got wife to and from work cleaned out BIL house again all in all not to bad a couple of days but I will say it has been cold we will see what the electric bill looks like LOL (Heat Pump been running on the coils last couple of days, thought the meter was going to spin off the side of the house LOL)
    Hope everybody made out well
    Tony

Boolit Master
    I haven't left the yard since it started snowing , twice a day I make my way out to fill up the wood burning furnace and the occasional walk around the yard with my doggies for fun than back to the house . I'm not planning on going out of the yard until Monday , I am enjoying myself . Be safe

Boolit Grand Master

A week or more of 8 to 11 degree nights with highs around 30 aren't common here, and my bones are hurting.
    No snow or ice but grocery shelves still looking lean.
    I feel for those who have to deal with any kind of precipitation under these conditions. I used to see it as fun, but age has a way of changing your outlook.
    You fellows be safe and keep the home fires going.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Over here in LaFollette Tn we`re in really bad shape.We just had a 1/4"dusting of snow.*****.Had to stay inside though.Had a little bit of ice this morning.And as I have to use a cane outside,I did`nt feel the need for any busted bones.Wishing all the best for moderating weather.
    Leo
    https://www.medshop.com/mabis-5-pron...iABEgIddPD_BwE

Boolit Master
    Hi bdicki.Bought a similar item last year.Lasted two outings,and two of the"teeth"bent.That was a waste of money and a bit of a hazard to my health and well being.Those are just stamped sheet metal.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

We missed the snow here.And sad to say,I've gotten used to the single digit temps?But wifey and I are scrambling.....we put the shorts and sunscreen away,now looking for them.Sposed to be in the 50's next week.We sorta want to go tubing down the river.

-14 tonight! Wind chill to -35. About that global warming thing mr. Gore????
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    8:00AM. -4 right now, wind chill of -20. But, by Friday, it'll be up to 49 (above). The brass monkeys will be happy.

Boolit Master
    -15 here. Water lines are frozen. Only the second time they have ever froze. Plugged an electric heater in under the crawl space. It will be life as normal in about an hour.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master

We don't get much snow here. What we usually get is sleet and freezing rain. The temps last week were in the low teens up to the low 20's. Most can't drive in the ice but they think they can. They keep the police and the electric company busy!

Boolit Master
    Don't think many of the people in those states would like Wisconsin in the winter. Last week single digits during the day and negative numbers at night and a few days as well. Only issue we are having is little or no snow, my lawn is still sticking out of the snow in places. This keeps up we will have a lot of damage to the alfalfa fields. On the positive side it is making a lot of ice for the ice fishermen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast