RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8” of snow in Virginia

Winter is harsh but hey - enjoy it!

I think that acceptance and joining in really is the key to surviving this deep freeze. There is nothing you can can do about it and it presents opportunities.
    Here in NH it is cold - no different from many others. The wind has been steady at about 30 mph with gusts to probably 45-50 mph. The snow is blowing and it is zero or below. Wind chills are at -40 plus.
    The solution? Don't go outside. Throw more wood into the wood stove. Hunker down. I'd love to cast some bullets but the casting shed can't heat up in this kind of weather no matter what I do.
    It was so cold last night (-14 here with some 30+ mph winds) that I did not even plug in the block heater on the diesel car. I knew full well that it would not start in the morning with those kinds of temps. I put in some anti-gel goop in the tank, started it up at about bedtime, got out, locked the doors, and went inside. It idled all night long. Nice and warm in the morning.
    Now that wind has died down, we are going snowshoeing. As brutal as nature can be, it is also very pretty and it is good for us to get out and connect with Mother Nature.
    As my grandma used to say "....no such thing as bad weather.....just under dressed people".
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    warmed up to a balmy 20 deg. today and snowed. all I did all week was unload coal. k try to keep the house warmand get over the cold the wife gave me.

Boolit Grand Master

Wanna hear a good one? Some poor soul e-mailed the Virginia Beach City Council suggesting they buy snowplows to plow the city streets! Talk about a bad investment! City Facilities Manager stated that to do that would require 300 snowplows - and they have 35. To be used maybe twice some years and not at all many others.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123