Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have to see what shot show has this year

Have to see what shot show has this year

Another low cost pcp .Marvin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrVEoIMTawg

Wow, new ones are coming out left and right lately. Good times to be into air gunning.

That looks like quite the bunny rifle there
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Master

That is a neat little air gun, after purchasing a Benjamin wildfire last summer for a nice price, my next air gun purchase will focus on quality.
    I still like the air arms T200, CMP sporter rifle, at 525 bucks plus another 130 for a magazine kit almost three times the price of this little rifle.
    Comes with good iron sights, air transfer port adjustable form 525 fps to 800fps, two stage adjustable match trigger.
    And a heck of a lot less likely to be left leaning in the corner collecting dust.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    I'm hoping to see the single pump pneumatic I mentioned awhile back go into production.
    Its said to give near 3000 PSI with a single stroke of the dual pump arms. A 1X16 inch column of air compressed into a space as thin as a coin.
    Pumping effort seems to be very light considering. Excellent leverage at work. Power level with heavy weight .22 pellets moving near 600 FPS is about 19 FTLB.

The arrangement of the dual pump arms, one on each side of the fore end, reminds me of the early Cricket or Grasshopper type Crosman or Benjamin pump up air pistols.

Talked with Mike at Flying Dragon . He has a proto type of the Xisico Sentry deluxe . That will probable show up . Longer air tube and barrel . A moderator that really works and a little more power . He said . The ones he has have fill probes not fosters and a gauge on the tube end . But both of these will be dropped and a foster and gauge mounted on the lower part of the tube will be on the production rifles .Marvin

Saw this one posted on the Yellow from Crosman .Marvin
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...ynthetic-stock

Here is a new one that might do well .Marvin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyZ54Pypo-A

Boolit Master

That nova pump gun looks pretty cool.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Have to see what price point it comes in at . Hatsan has a new Flash at the $300 price mark .Marvin
    https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsa...Air_Rifle/4581

Boolit Master

Hatsan is stuck on the idea of a fill probe. But they sure make some interesting air guns.

I am stuck on the idea of the foster quick connect. Just seems like the occasional replacement of O rings on the fill probe are needless maintenance.

The regulated marauder looks real good too. Expensive at 600 plus dollars, it has a good adjustable trigger. Benjamin claims 80 shots per fill in the .177, so maybe 60 shots for real. A stock with pleasing proportions, at least to me.
    https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benja...ifle/4316/8336
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

I agree with you on the fill probe .Here is a little for every one .Marvin
    http://hardairmagazine.com/news/last...airgun-report/

Good video, well put together IMO. Thanks for posting.

I have been trying to avoid going to the dark side but it looks like it may get me eventually.

Boolit Master

Going to the darkside is a leap. The cost of supplying high pressure air is a big chasm. I started out with a air-venturi 4500 PSI pump. It wasn't horrible but, just when the shooting was getting fun, it was time to pump.

I kept coveting air rifles, but dreading the pump. Spending more time thinking about pumping than shooting. My .25 maurader used more air per shot than a 17.

So I bought a wildfire, the poor trigger means I rarely pick it up to shoot with.

I bought an air tank last month, it will be a while before another rifle come to my place.
    What ever it is, it will have a decent trigger, a stock with proportions fitting my desire to shoot in positions with a sling for support, and also fit my 6'2" body. I want the capacity to shoot 40 rounds with no drop off.

Semi-auto would be awesome.

Yeah, rifles like that are built, and called National Match AR-15
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

That Nova caught my eye quick.... If they mentioned the price I missed it.

I guess I am very happy with my pair of Hatsan's. The 135 and the 95.

The 135 is a beast, heavy, it has all the power I would ever want, but you pay for it with every shot.

The 95 is a little lighter, a bit less power but still enough, less energy required for cocking.

Both shoot .22 buckshot round balls I can cast of soft lead very very well at moderate ranges.

Neither one needs anything more than that. Pellets to feed, an arm to cock, and an eye to line up the shot and a finger on the trigger. They are self sufficient. No PCP is ever going to reach that level of self sufficiency. Which is part of the reason I have avoided the dark side.

The other part is I'm old school, I believe you should earn every shot, make it count. Make it the best you can make it.

I just see that eroding given 30 to 80 shot repeaters and tethered bottles.

Call me stubborn.

I LIKE being old school. Tried and true, solid, dependable.

Boolit Master

The springers have a lot of good features as you mention, self sufficient being real big.
    But I like optics and most springers just kill them.
    I do have an old Anchutz springer with opposing pistons, it is kind to the cheap scope mounted on it, but the 530 fps velocity makes it a very short range pester.
    I have not had a lot of success hitting with high power spring guns, but buying cheep has been an albatross. Buying quality might make a believer.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I guess I am very happy with my pair of Hatsan's. The 135 and the 95.

The 135 is a beast, heavy, it has all the power I would ever want, but you pay for it with every shot.

The 95 is a little lighter, a bit less power but still enough, less energy required for cocking.

Both shoot .22 buckshot round balls I can cast of soft lead very very well at moderate ranges.

Neither one needs anything more than that. Pellets to feed, an arm to cock, and an eye to line up the shot and a finger on the trigger. They are self sufficient. No PCP is ever going to reach that level of self sufficiency. Which is part of the reason I have avoided the dark side.

The other part is I'm old school, I believe you should earn every shot, make it count. Make it the best you can make it.

I just see that eroding given 30 to 80 shot repeaters and tethered bottles.

Call me stubborn.

I LIKE being old school. Tried and true, solid, dependable.
    Lol, what about a hand pump with a pcp? You would still be pumping and "earning" your shots. You would just be doing all the pumping up front.

Kind of old school myself...still depleting the squirrel population with my 392 pump.
    I do like the idea of a pcp with the pump arm on the gun though, like the Nova.
    Hoping something like that comes out in my price range eventually.

Just got off their website. In the shot show video i thought i saw the front sight back from the end of the bbl.
    On their web it shows the front sight on the end of the bbl.

Anyway, it shows it listing for $379.95. Not available or out of stock right now though.
    I'll be interested to see some reviews on this one!

Boolit Master

That is pretty reasonable, the ability to fire a few shots quickly, then recharge air pressure during lulls give the best features of pumpers and PCP in one gun.

The shot show video was a little unclear, at one point they said you could prefill with high pressure air, then later said the onboard pump was the only way to fill the reservoir, what ever is true seeing these new designs evolve is great.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast