MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: .54 T/C Renegade pistol

Boolit Buddy

.54 T/C Renegade pistol

Here is something I have been working on off and on the past couple weeks. This is my first side lock I have decided to build, mostly becuase I had enough spare parts lying around to build it other than the breech plug . The stock I cut from a chunk of walnut I had from a tree a friend cut down in his yard 10-15 years ago. The barrel is 6" of muzzle I had off a 1" .54 T/C renegade barrel. I bought a TOTW T/C style breech plug and installed it. The lock is a later style T/C renegade I got on a beater stock at a flea market, it was covered in rust and was partly seized up. The tang is a T/C renegade that I shortened by about half, it came on the previously mentioned beater stock. I inletted the stock with chisels and scrapers. The trigger and trigger guard will likely be handmade by me. I have a set of renegade escutcheon plates and wedge pin that I will use. I also have a .50 and .62 barrel set aside for this once it's complete I plan to make those additional barrels for it. The only thing that has me worried is the depth of the forend, where I curved it up I'm hoping there is still enough meat there to get the escutcheon plates inletted close to center and have room for the ramrod channel to bypass the tenon. Anyway, there is my parts pistol in progress I'll post updates as I have time to work on it. Thanks for looking

I have a .54 philly derringer inspired pocket pistol in the works too, but got to get this one finished before I can move forward with that one

Neat project. I have a few T/C parts laying around and have often thought of such a project. Really neat to see one in progress. Thanks for the post and please keep it updated!
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

You've done well, Pilgrim - Me likey ! .

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

For winter concealed carry?
    I like it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In Remembrance

Some years back I was gifted a kit to build a CVA BP pistol in .54. It came out very nice with my browning the metal and antiqueing the wood with a red stain mixed with a small amount of walnut stain. I do have to say that the firing of it left an unforgetable impression on my mind of recoil and muzzle jump along with the huge white cloud of smoke.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    A bit more work done, probably can't tell much from the pic but I got the ramrod hole drilled, tenon located and installed, wedge pin slot located and cut, trigger made and installed, and lock and tang screw holes located and drilled. Popped a cap on it tonight to make sure everything was lining up correctly. Was pleased to be able to get a ramrod hole and still be able to use a wedge pin like I had planned on initially, though there is no room to spare in there! Only fault I'm seeing right now if the trigger pull is about 15 or 20#. Think I am going to tune the lock a bit and maybe re-position the trigger pin to give me some leverage and try to cut that down to 4# or so, I may widen the face of the trigger as well. Other than that I basically just need to make a trigger plate and trigger guard, install them, contour out the wood, set the escutcheon plates and throw some sights on it. Hoping to get it done before the H&R Huntsman 12 ga I just bought arrives but I'm not going to rush it, going to be a while before I'm willing to shoot them anyway, single digits and under for the rest of the week then it's going to start raining.

Attachment 210933

People get the biggest grin when they touch off my Lyman .54 pistol. Their fear is gone and they want to do it again! I built it from the kit but yours is truly built by you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk