Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally found my Grail 45 Colt!

Boolit Master

I finally found my Grail 45 Colt!

625-5 45 Colt Stocking Dealer Special 1 of 1550 Thanks for looking! Boats

Banned
    That is one sweet piece.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    That is one sweet piece.
    Thanks

Awesome! That’s in great shape from the photos. Have you had a chance to shake it out yet? Are the throats good for cast?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bluelund79 View Post
    Awesome! That’s in great shape from the photos. Have you had a chance to shake it out yet? Are the throats good for cast?
    I would put the throats at .4515. I put 50 45-270-SAA's sized .452 (925-975 FPS) that I cast threw it with no issues. I don't like the front sight but that's easy to change since their interchangeable.

Excellent feedback, thank you! Now you have me looking for one. Now that I have my grail gun (625-8 PC), a N Frame Colt is on my must have list.

Boolit Master
    I picked up its twin NIB a few years back, its just about the perfect balance for me. They were made in the years when S&W got the new tooling and it shows. Excellent guns, glad you got one.

Boolit Grand Master

Full lug and no lock. Sweet!

Boolit Master

Thanks for all the comments

I just bought it's little brother, a S&W 625-3 in .45 acp. The throats measure .4525", and it's in about the condition yours is in, but I don't think mine's ever been fired, which I'm going to cure this month. Mine came with Crimson Trace grips, too...

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    That's a nice lookin' piece.

Boolit Master
    I look forward to hearing about how it handles 270 gr Keith cast boots. I have he RCBS 270 .45 SAA mould which is unstable at 100 yards. It’s deceptive because it’s my most accurate 25 yard boolit. I’m shooting it through a Colt’s SAA

Boolit Buddy
    Nice find Bosun!

I found mine on GB a few years ago and it has all the features I like, especially the removable front sight and smooth trigger. I just wish they had made one in .44 Special.

Mine has .452 throats as does my 625-5 MG .45 ACP. My 625-4 .45 ACP has .4515 throats.

The 45 270 SAA Mihec has been accurate, as well as the 452 640 Mihec and 453 250E Accurate. Also the Mihec 270 Ohaus, but it must be crimped over the front band or used in a shortened case to fit the cylinder.

Most of my shooting is at the shorter ranges under 50 yards and this gun is relegated to punching paper or plinking.

I replaced the front sight with a SDK fiber optic as it helps my older eyes a bit.

You will have fun with that one!

Mine came with the Combat grips, but I don't know if the previous owner added them. The end of the box only says "RB" under grips, but the original brochure showed the Hogue rubber grips.
    Last edited by AKtinman; 01-03-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AKtinman View Post
    Nice find Bosun!

I found mine on GB a few years ago and it has all the features I like, especially the removable front sight and smooth trigger. I just wish they had made one in .44 Special.

Mine has .452 throats as does my 625-5 MG .45 ACP. My 625-4 .45 ACP has .4515 throats.

The 45 270 SAA Mihec has been accurate, as well as the 452 640 Mihec and 453 250E Accurate. Also the Mihec 270 Ohaus, but it must be crimped over the front band or used in a shortened case to fit the cylinder.

Most of my shooting is at the shorter ranges under 50 yards and this gun is relegated to punching paper or plinking.

I replaced the front sight with a SDK fiber optic as it helps my older eyes a bit.

You will have fun with that one!

Mine came with the Combat grips, but I don't know if the previous owner added them. The end of the box only says "RB" under grips, but the original brochure showed the Hogue rubber grips.
    Thanks for the Info!

Pretty sweet sidearm. I wouldn't kick it out of the safe.
    Sully

Wow, that's nice! I think I have it's little brother. Mine is a .357. That gun is so easy to shoot. My wife was in the Army combat intelligence corps but she had not fired a handgun before in her life. I showed her how to shoot it on a Saturday & she shot a 95 on her concealed carry test the next day. The instructor said to me, "you can really shoot that thing, can't you?" My shooting is usually not too shabby but I think it was more the gun than it was my shooting.

Boolit Master

I'm green with envy!!!

The 625-5 is one revolver S&W got right. I'm no Smith fan, but this one revolver everyone should have one of. But just maybe that's because the 45 Colt is the one caliber I would own if I could only own one revolver.

Nice snag, Congrats!

Boolit Master

Thanks for all the comments and remark's!

Moderator Emeritus

You are one lucky man! Very nice lookin' and should be a great shooter!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast