Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bee vandalism

Moderator Emeritus

At that big of a loss a good prosecutor would push to try them as adults... and go after their parents!

Sentence them to large fines and then set them up to work the hives during hot weather..moving hives and learning how bees retalliate....and if the parents whine and ask forgiveness for the little snot bags..have Mom and Dad work the bees as well...A hot summer doing some real work would have an impact and would help with restitution..not just a slap on the wrist.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    In all the world, this loss is meaningless in the big picture. It's okay. There's enough bees to go around.
    The world isn't short of humans either, but that doesn't stop a lot of extermination work being quite deeply wrong.

I'll cheerfully shoot anything legal I can eat, or which is a pest to myself or others. Something that is just a test of skill, or the ability to risk being eaten or stamped flat? Well maybe. It is certainly understandable. But using one's skill at kicking over hives, to kill half a million useful and valued beings and someone's livelihood, seems on a pretty subhuman plane.

There are a lot of months in the year when I would be very wary of kicking over a beehive, let alone staying around for more. It does sound like the culprits knew what they were doing. I wouldn't dismiss a personal grudge or business competition. Or PETA or their fellow-travellers, willing to kill hundreds of thousands for their own good. Even if there aren't many in the area, it doesn't take many, or much of a think-tank.

In Remembrance
    The punks were 12 and 13 years old, I highly doubt they were peta or a competitor or anything else but punks. I also highly doubt they get much more than a record out of the ordeal. I don't follow peta, but as far as I know, they don't have anything against bees anyway.

Boolit Master

It’s to bad the bee keepers can’t keep a hive of African honey bees around. That would fixem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123