RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Lee enfield prices

Current Lee enfield prices

Gentlemen I'm missing a lee enfield for my ww2 rifle collection. I recently found a SHTLE III* locally which was made in 1917. For it being 100 years old the rifle is in good shape. It has a brass plate at the end of the stock and the wooden hand guard stretches all the way to the end of the barrel. Im trying to figure out what the current prices are for them I've attempted to do my own research but with some of these rifles being sporterized the prices are all over the place. What is a good price to pay for one of these?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2242.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	210736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2243.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	210737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2244.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	210738
    Proud to serve, U.S. Army Infantry

Boolit Master

The prices have gone kinda crazy. Here's a vendor that shows them as being in stock.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/enfi...k3-bolt-action

Here's one on gunbroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/731358713

Other vendors that recently had them (now out of stock) were more or less in the same ballpark. Seems kinda high to me...
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Buddy
    What are they asking for it?

I would say that these prices in the links are pretty consistent with each other, in that the first is roughly $600 and the second is roughly $800, but the second comes with a bayonet and scabbard which is itself worth about $200 and is becoming more difficult to find than the rifle. Also, the second is a Lithgow which has always been a bit scarcer and usually a bit more expensive than the more common Enfield or BSA made rifle.

All that having been said, from my observations of the internet auctions over the last several months I would say that $450 is about average for a No.I Mk.III*, and many cut down or sporterized rifles go for right around $150. In times past I'd advise folks who wanted one of these rifles, but balked at whatever the going price was at the time, to buy a sporterized version that still had the full length barrel and to rebuild it back into an "as-issued" version as parts were plentiful. Such is no longer the case as the parts are slowly drying up, especially the forestocks which is of course the main part that gets chopped when sporterizing. So unless you know where some take-off parts might be located I'd no longer advise you to follow that route.

There is one particular on line auction site that seems to have a fairly good flow of them, www.auctionarms.com , and I check that site a couple of times each day. Sometimes I've seen as many as 3 sold in one week, other times only a couple in a month's time, but they do show up and seem to sell for a final price of around $450. That's my opinion of what one in NRA VG condition is presently worth. One of these, a BSA 1917 No.I Mk.III* was my first high power rifle (many years ago) and I liked it enough to acquire several more over the years, so I feel like I'm kind of "on top of it",
    although my primary interests have since moved along to other firearms. Good luck with your search.
    Attachment 210769

Boolit Master
    Prices have gone up, as DG mentioned parts are harder and more costly to come by. Look it over well, serial#'s were used throughout on many parts, magazine, bolt, etc, so if paying good money it should have original numbered parts. If not gives you a place to barter.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

30cf

Thanks for the advice gentlemen the seller is asking $580 and I need to go pick it up about an hour away. So I might pass on it
    Proud to serve, U.S. Army Infantry

Boolit Master
    My first hi-power rifle was also a no.1 III! It was in original trim, and sadly beat to pieces. I think it was the roughest gun I've ever seen. But I paid $50 for it in 1991, and sold it for $75 in 2002. But it had a little too much headspace, as most of them do. But I'd like to find a nice one, but I won't pay what there going for, cause better rifles can be had for less!

Boolit Master

Holy Cow!!!$800 for an Enfield? Anyone remember Roses stores? Back in the 90's Enfields were$150, arsenal rebuilds. Ones Ive seen recently have bores that look like a country road.IIRC prices were around$300??
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Up here in the land of Lee Enfield's a sporter doesn't often go below $200 and #1's #4's and #5's in full trim are usually $500 to $1000 ( and they sell ! ) I see a #4MK1(T) for $4500.00 on one site.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Master
    I have recently had several offers of $800 for an unfired LE #4/2
    I was not looking to sell it, People just made the offers once they saw it.

Boolit Buddy
    Prices on Lee-Enfields have, indeed, sky-rocketed out here on the Left Coast so one has to shop carefully if you sincerely want such a rifle. I have eight and I wouldn't consider parting with any of them-they are a lot of FUN to shoot with cast lead and I actively compete with several of them. That said, you can still find these rifles for sale at a decent price if you are not in a big hurry and put the word out to your shooting buddies your in the market for a L.E. You would be amazed at how many people have such a rifle stashed away somewhere in the house or barn left to gather dust and totally ignored. I see them as well at out of the way, smaller gun shows at reasonable prices-at least reasonable for this area.

Boolit Master
    All those Interarms Imported #4 rifles that came over in the early 90's are still showing up. I used to buy them from a Distributor for $79.00, and sell them for $129.00 at gun shows. I never had a bad one. I was smart enough to put away the picks of the best. Go to big gun shows, and look at what folks bring in to sell. I'm sure you can grab one for 3-4 bills.

That seller on gun broker is local!!! He is a CROOK he brags about ripping people off I know for a fact that he does, he loves to see old ladies come in so he can “rip them off”

Quote Originally Posted by enfield View Post
    Up here in the land of Lee Enfield's a sporter doesn't often go below $200 and #1's #4's and #5's in full trim are usually $500 to $1000 ( and they sell ! ) I see a #4MK1(T) for $4500.00 on one site.
    he's right

Collecting is becoming expensive, good 303's are fetching $600 - $1000

https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=112856

P14 and M17 Enfields even more

https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=114607

Last edited by Bad Ass Wallace; 01-01-2018 at 09:42 PM.
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Here's an opportunity: http://www.gunauction.com/buy/14610897/ 18 hrs. to go, current bid $375, reserve $425.

If a guy is careful and carries cash he can still buy them around the 200$ mark in my neck of the woods. Two years ago I grabbed a # 4 all original for 175$ at a local gun show and an extra #5 for 250$. Some guys just can't afford to feed them after the surplus ammo dried up. I also actively look for parts and wood so I can save future sporters that float my way. 1917s and pattern 14s however have gone nuts price wise around here. 800$ to 900$ a pop puts me well out.

Boolit Master
    Collector prices have gone wacko.......check out prices on WW2 jeep or Harley/Indian stuff........fancy paying $1000 for a headlight,or a weathered speedo.?.........would you druther a couple of old headlights or a mint 1917.?.......it will end in tears...anyone remember 2008?....or.........87......80/84.......73/76.......nope,didnt think so.

Boolit Master
    What maker is it ? 580.00 is a little high but if its a Lithgow with a great bore and all the numbers match its only a little bit high. Around here most #1mk3's go anywhere from 350.00 to 695.00 depending on manufacturer and condition.

Boolit Buddy

Mil Surps loosing market share to the low cost......NEW Guns on the market

Quote Originally Posted by 10-x View Post
    Holy Cow!!!$800 for an Enfield? Anyone remember Roses stores? Back in the 90's Enfields were$150, arsenal rebuilds. Ones Ive seen recently have bores that look like a country road.IIRC prices were around$300??
    Glad I bought mine long ago. For shooting guns cheap you can't beat Rem. 783,Ruger American or Savages.....a 223 is cheap to shoot if you arenot a reloader. Most of the entry level guns outshoot the guns of yesteryear and are easy to mount a scope too. A 308 or 3006 for those who want to cast bullets and join the forum.....An old guy reflecting on things. Not to mention the AR's that have become more affordable. afish4570

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast