RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NON Stick aluminum foil

Boolit Master

I use parchment paper too. It is used for baking. Yes, it stands up to the heat without burning. Sheets can be used multiple times. When it finally gets covered with PC, tear off another piece and start over. Plus it is cheap. Been using it almost from the beginning. Tried the foil, but quickly changed to the parchment paper and never looked back.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    My 4 year old WalMart NS works great. They probably changed it. I have 3 boxes of the old stuff so I will be good for a long time.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rototerrier View Post
    Silicone baking mats are the only way to go. Saves lots of hassle.
    Bought 2 silicone baking mats off ebay a few years back for around $10. I am still using the 1st mat after 12-15k bullets and it still works great.

Banned
    I found that if you knock off all the excess powder, you don't need a non-stick surface, a "wire baking basket/tray". I get almost no sticking to the basket and no marks or lines on the boolits.

I just put my heads,after tapping, on the aluminum(I think) tray. The boolets need a little push, but pop off. This works just fine and the bases stay there too.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I use Reynolds Non-stick. I'm still using the first box, so I can't tell you anything about the others. But I have coated a boolit or two with this box so far.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

I've used Reynolds, bought but haven't used the Walmart stuff, mostly use parchment paper. I was checking our the wire basket or the silicone mat with divets for use with the NOE 224 62 RN PB. They coat and shoot good but they roll. I ended up having to fan fold parchment paper so there were creases to stop the rolling. I liked the idea about loading them into pistol boxes. However, I got a flourescent light difuser panel that has 1/2" squares. It keeps the Boolits from sliding on the tray while transiting to the oven. Tray in oven, remove difuser, bake until yummy!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    Got a roll of non -stick oven liner. Worked great trimmed to fit a cast iron skillet in the oven. Might try it in an electric skillet on the counter top next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12