RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: To size or not to size

Boolit Buddy

To size or not to size

I'm casting with TL356-124-2R, and I really don't want to size. the cast size is .357 diameter. Out of a random handful of slugs 75% dropped right into the chamber. The rest could be finger pushed into the chamber. maybe i should resize to .357. I'll be using this bullet in a variety of pistols. sig 320, 320vtac, beretta's, walthers.

Banned
    Run them as is

Boolit Master

I agree. Load and shoot.

The only time I run a tumble-lube design through a sizer is to seat a gas check.
    Last edited by Bookworm; 12-29-2017 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Spelling. It's hard.

I recently loaded 300 rounds of .45 colt. For some reason my last casting session maybe one third of the bullets were big, too big to fit the brass without creating a ripple.

So all the ones that fit like they should got loaded as cast.

The ones that would not start in where the neck was slightly flared got set off to the side and got sized. After which they fit perfectly.

But I reload mine one at a time with a lee hand press, I can do that.
    If you are working on a progressive or turret press that could be a real pain.

Boolit Master
    Many people including myself (when I used lube) would size 9mms .358" One time I was having some mold closing issues that I didn't notice and many came out as big as .360" in one direction (they were egg shaped of course). I tried a few and they passed the plunk test so I loaded them.

All shot without any problems. My load is a light so I wasn't worried about any pressure problems because of the little extra diameter. Lead is very forgiving.

I powder coat now but still size the truncated cone Lee 125gr TL .358" I do this because at .358" they work equally well in 9mm and .38/.357

Motor