RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionPBcastco
Repackbox Wideners
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger 9mm Carbine

Boolit Master
    Ruger does it again and this gun will sell like crazy.

45 ACP will be dandy.

I have Kriss Vector in 10mm so I really do not need another carbine in 10mm.

How about a 44 mag? Remember the deer slayer ?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Yeah, I do see the resemblance. Dad's Viper was a much better rifle than the Marlin 60 my best friend had at the time. Mini Mags were the only thing that gun wouldn't choke on. The Viper ate anything.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think it will sell well, especially using Glock mags. The world doesn't need another proprietary, obscure 9mm magazine. Ruger brought back the .44 carbine a few years ago and nobody cared, at least not that I ever saw. I consider it something of a coup that the 77-44 has held on for so long.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Banned

yup ruger is bad at that. Every new gun they make takes a different magazine! I actually emailed ruger a couple years ago asking for something like this. Told them then that if it didn't take glock mags it would be a sales dud. Just to many 9mm glocks out there that guys would like to have a carbine that used the same mags. Wouldn't it be nice if ALL the maunfactures standardized on one mag for say double stacked 9s and 40s!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I think it will sell well, especially using Glock mags. The world doesn't need another proprietary, obscure 9mm magazine. Ruger brought back the .44 carbine a few years ago and nobody cared, at least not that I ever saw. I consider it something of a coup that the 77-44 has held on for so long.

Boolit Master
    I'd still get a Beretta over this one...unless they drop the price a bunch. But, I also do not have a Glock so magazines are not a selling point for me.

And if takedown was an issue I'd get the KelTec.

Boolit Buddy
    I like it. I want to handle one before I buy one.

I like a lot of the features, from the magazine well interchangeability and take down feature, but I love the iron sights the most. I’ll be a buyer from KY Gun Co before I move to Montana. I’m not a Ruger fan other than the 10/22, but I do have a soft spot for pistol caliber carbines.....

Quote Originally Posted by bluelund79 View Post
    ..., but I do have a soft spot for pistol caliber carbines.....
    You and me both, brother. Pretty sure it all started with the M1 carbine for me.

Boolit Buddy

Just did an internet search. Best price i could find was about 520.00. If the price was around 400 I would jump today.

Boolit Man
    Absolutely will get one since the non-threaded version is NJ friendly. Kudos to Ruger for not forgetting us living in the anti 2A states. If they come out with a .45 version, then I'll certainly buy a 2nd.

Banned

personaly I think the buck rogers looking berretta is even uglier then the ruger and there are no high capacity mags for the berretta. Berreta is like ruger and even in there own guns they switch mag designs all the time and all berretta pistol mags don't fit there carbines. All kinds of them for glocks up to 100 round drums (although I don't have a use for that) I have to say the berretta carbines ive shot have been reliable but then so have the old pc ruger carbines. My guess is fit and finish will favor the berretta but its a black gun. Who cares how well its finished as long as it runs. Berreta could easily compete with ruger though if they would allow for the use of glock mags too. Our would at least produce some reliable 25-30 round mags for there rifle in all three calibers. take down is nice, adjustable stock is nice, threaded barrels are nice but in a pistol carbine high capacity mags are about mandatory to most who buy them. .
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I'd still get a Beretta over this one...unless they drop the price a bunch. But, I also do not have a Glock so magazines are not a selling point for me.

And if takedown was an issue I'd get the KelTec.

Banned
    You would have been ahead with a Hi point. Less money and a better gun.

Boolit Master

Beretta makes 20 and 30 round magazines for the CX4 Storm carbine.
    Chuck

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    You would have been ahead with a Hi point. Less money and a better gun.
    How did you determine the Hi Piont is a better gun? I understand it is less expensive but why better?
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

I'm guessing because HiPoints run and run and keep on running. They won't win any beauty contests. But they are an extremely reliable firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I'm guessing because HiPoints run and run and keep on running. They won't win any beauty contests. But they are an extremely reliable firearm.
    Not to hijack but agree. no beauty. but a hi point that could use a glock or beretta mag, and I think you'd have trouble keeping them on the shelves.

Banned

Myself I'd want a CMB with the new bolt delayed action. It too accpets Glock magazine. One thing wrong with it for me IT COSTS TOO MUCH!!!!!

Boolit Master

High point mags can be had for fairly reasonable money.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Banned

I was just about to buy a 45acp storm a couple years back and searched and searched and 10 round mags were it for it. I was under the impression the only 20 or 30 rounders are for the 9mm. Even highpoint has high capacity 9mm mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd2 View Post
    Beretta makes 20 and 30 round magazines for the CX4 Storm carbine.

Banned

everyone brags on the highpoints and I will too, but not reliability so much as to customer service. I had a 40 I bought used that was about like new. I shot the snot out of it for two years. Probably put 10k through it. I gave it to my neighbors son. don't know how much he shot it but ive probably given him 10 or more 3lb coffee cans full of 40 ammo. It started malfunctioning. Failures to feed. Ejection hanging up ect. I told him to send it to high point, he did and they had to put in a new bolt and the rails the bolt rode on were shot too so they replaced them. So they do wear out and aren't the invincible gun some will make you think they are. bottom line though is they fixed it and fixed it for free, paid shipping both ways and even gave him another mag free when they returned it. So you cant beat that with a stick. but there not the glock like reliable firearm everyone thinks they are. Ive got glocks with 5 times the ammo through they that this gun had that still run like new. there a good reliable cheap gun if all you have is 300 bucks and that's about it. I chuckle at guys that think they compare to guns that cost 3 times as much.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast