Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger 9mm Carbine

Mine was still on order but a local gnshow had one for $508.50 out the door. $8.50 mre than the one I had on order. I bought it. Stoped by the local gun store on the way home and told them to take me off the list - they were not real dissapointed as when it comes in they will sell it quickly.
    Big Bore = 45+

I put a Holo Sight on mine as far back as it would go (closer to the eye I can see the image better and it appears smaller at a distance).

Only shot J-word out today. 3 different loads the only one I was dissapointed with was the critial defense. About 2 in at 25, the other loading were one ragged hole. After over 100 rounds (in a very short time I might add) - this gun is a keeper and a hoot to shoot - almost as much fun as my 45/90's!!!!

I have some (about 1k) loaded of the Lee 120gr TC backed with Unique. Maybe try them tomorrow. Have to clean the j-word stuff out tonight. I am not going to put it over the Chronogragh yet - too danged hot for the next week or so.

It is time to order another mold from Accurate - I was thinking of thier 140gr+ RNFP. Looking at it - it looks like it should shoot good, don't know if I can get it sub-sonic or not in that 16 in barrel. But I will try.
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Master
    My sight was way off from the factory. Going to drop a scope on for fun once I find the box all my scopes are in from moving. Gun has more kick then I would of thought. Just as addicting as a 10/22 only real difference is the pc9 sends brass a country mile from the shooter.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Picked one up yesterday. By freak coincidence, I happened to have the taurus pt92 in the truck, (that I was having issues with cast boolits anyway) and they offered me $300 off the PC9 in trade. no brainier for me. Took the Ruger home for about $240 after tax. I'm plenty happy with that deal.

Good for you! Enjoy - i sure enjoy mine.
    Big Bore = 45+

Has anyone come up with a sub-sonic load for these?
    Big Bore = 45+

I load a 124 gr cast over 3.3 gr Clays at 983 ft/sec, works great for me in my Ruger w/Glock mags

Thank you JMax
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MGySgt View Post
    Has anyone come up with a sub-sonic load for these?
    Any of the common 147gr loads should work fine for that. I don't have the new Ruger yet, but my Sub 2000 loves 147gr JHPs.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelDuke View Post
    Any of the common 147gr loads should work fine for that. I don't have the new Ruger yet, but my Sub 2000 loves 147gr JHPs.
    When I run the numbers through QuickLoad they come up super sonic when you get to 30,000 psi levels.
    Big Bore = 45+

I took mine shooting Monday, this is the lee 120tc over 3.8 bullseye at 75 yardsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	5B5158D6-9EE4-48AD-96A7-DDCA6EE59044.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	225230 using a Leupold 2-7 Red dot scope

Quote Originally Posted by 43PU View Post
    I took mine shooting Monday, this is the lee 120tc over 3.8 bullseye at 75 yardsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	5B5158D6-9EE4-48AD-96A7-DDCA6EE59044.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	225230 using a Leupold 2-7 Red dot scope
    Looks like that is a keeper load!
    Big Bore = 45+

They are $525 plus tax here. I don't want one that bad LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I bought one last week for $545 out the door. $500 before taxes. Brought it home and loaded the supplied mag with my 9mm plinking ammo. Killed three turtles in my pond with three shots from my tractor. It will do. Have a Sig Romeo 5 on order from PSA to go on it, and doubt it will ever see a paper target.
    Tony

Boolit Buddy
    I picked one up, at the local LGS, and liked the feel of it. I have a Highpoint 995, which is set up with a light and Vortex Red Dot, that has rolled quite a few racoon and a couple of coyotes, that have gotten to close, to the chicken coop. Might just add the Ruger to the mix, if it is still there, as it is a step up from the Highpoint, but also cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    For what the gun is meant to do, pretty isn’t that important to me. But reliability is paramount.
    If it has a halfway decent trigger, I am interested and $525 street price is what I pay for a Glock. Seems like a fair price to me.

If it shoulders right, I will likely buy one. Nice self defence carbine and a fun plinker with cheap brass. With about the same performance as a .357 from a revolver, it would be able to take deer at 50 yards or so.

For ****, having the same magazines as the Glock is an advantage.
    I took a deer yesterday with the Ruger PC9 at 35 yards with a 135 grn custom bullet PCed over 3.8grn of bullseye, dropped her in her tracks....but it was a neck shot...my PC9 will shoot as many rounds as you want at my 3” spinner at 100 yards and hit it 100% of the time off hand

Quote Originally Posted by 43PU View Post
    I took a deer yesterday with the Ruger PC9 at 35 yards with a 135 grn custom bullet PCed over 3.8grn of bullseye, dropped her in her tracks....but it was a neck shot...my PC9 will shoot as many rounds as you want at my 3” spinner at 100 yards and hit it 100% of the time off hand
    You are a beeter shot than me.

Congraulations on taking a deer with you PCC9!
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Master
    Darn that's some incredible offhand shooting!
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Still waiting for the .40 S&W version. I was told to be patient as it is coming.

can't wait.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Still waiting for the 45 acp. I wasn’t told anything when I tried to pry info out of Ruger, but will have to be patient. If a .40 comes out first, I might try that... it’s a darned good caliber.

For now my 45 HiPoint carbine is doing fine by me.

(another) Randy
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast