PBcastcoReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger 9mm Carbine

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    Agreed. But Mine's uglier I need to move the sight back on mine and replace the scope with the peep sight a friend gave me...

What can I say? I got a good price on it...

Was that a stage prop from the 80's band Poison?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Any idea when these will become available?

Banned

they sell it as a legal length rifle too. there are also companys making extended buffer tubes that make the arm brace as comfortable as a standard stock. I'm in the process of accumulating parts to put together a 5.56 right now. Ive got an lower reciver, parts kit and an extended tube. I own a 223 suppressor and putting it on a 16 inch gun makes it a bit unhandy. I will use a arm brace and a 10.5 inch barrel. Ive got a cmmg 9mm with a 16 inch barrel and its a great gun but if I was going to do it again today I would go with an arm brace and a shorter barrel. You don't need a 16 inch barrel with a 9mm to get top velocity so why drag around the extra length and weight. A 7.5-10.5 inch barrel would make a much more handy gun. PSA even sells a 6 inch ar15 9mm barreled upper. Bit short for me but it would make a great little truck gun. to me for a 9mm its a no brainer. I just wish they do some .40s!
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    It's a matter of personal taste. I see absolutely nothing appealing about the PSA other than it goes bang. You are also stuck with an arm brace unless you spend more money to SBR it or put a 16" barrel on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    they sell it as a legal length rifle too. there are also companys making extended buffer tubes that make the arm brace as comfortable as a standard stock. I'm in the process of accumulating parts to put together a 5.56 right now. Ive got an lower reciver, parts kit and an extended tube. I own a 223 suppressor and putting it on a 16 inch gun makes it a bit unhandy. I will use a arm brace and a 10.5 inch barrel. Ive got a cmmg 9mm with a 16 inch barrel and its a great gun but if I was going to do it again today I would go with an arm brace and a shorter barrel. You don't need a 16 inch barrel with a 9mm to get top velocity so why drag around the extra length and weight. A 7.5-10.5 inch barrel would make a much more handy gun. PSA even sells a 6 inch ar15 9mm barreled upper. Bit short for me but it would make a great little truck gun. to me for a 9mm its a no brainer. I just wish they do some .40s!
    Exactly why I ordered the 10" PSA. Make it much handier with the suppressor than the full length rifle.

Deleted - duplicate post

Banned

do me a favor and after you get a some rounds down range post a review of it. I'm think pretty serious about one. Id like to try one of those binary triggers and if I'm going to waste ammo I can shoot 9s with cast 5-1 or more compared to shooting jacketed 5.56. I see they make an 8 inch 9mm but are out of them right now. probably be the route id go. I'm about stuck with a 10.5 for the 556 because balistical I don't think those short 7.5s would be to practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric88 View Post
    Exactly why I ordered the 10" PSA. Make it much handier with the suppressor than the full length rifle.

Boolit Master

I shot one this past weekend. A friend was able to get one last Thursday (He works a the LGS) The temperature was 6° so honestly no real serious testing but I can say it never hiccuped once with at least 100 rounds through it. We used three different kinds of ammo including 2 with cast boolits. I look forward owning one as soon as they get another one in. I really liked it!
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Banned

are you talking about the ruger? do you know what he paid for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepyj View Post
    I shot one this past weekend. A friend was able to get one last Thursday (He works a the LGS) The temperature was 6° so honestly no real serious testing but I can say it never hiccuped once with at least 100 rounds through it. We used three different kinds of ammo including 2 with cast boolits. I look forward owning one as soon as they get another one in. I really liked it!

Boolit Master

Yes it was the new PC Carbine take down model. From the chatter I would say 550+/-
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

do me a favor and after you get a some rounds down range post a review of it. I'm think pretty serious about one. Id like to try one of those binary triggers and if I'm going to waste ammo I can shoot 9s with cast 5-1 or more compared to shooting jacketed 5.56. I see they make an 8 inch 9mm but are out of them right now. probably be the route id go. I'm about stuck with a 10.5 for the 556 because balistical I don't think those short 7.5s would be to practical.
    I will certainly post a range review on it! I’ve heard PSA is quite slow on their shipping, and I think I’m at about month 7 on the wait for my pistol caliber suppressor. So I should get them at the same time lol. But I will definitely do a range review on it. I’ve got a couple of the 30+ round Glock mags itching to be used with it.

My buddy has a couple of the .223/5.56 pistols. One 7 1/2” and one 10 1/2” I believe. Both make one heck of a racket at the range. They’re fun, but I have to double up on ear protection when shooting them.

Banned

I just ordered a rifle kit from them. Everything but the bare lower. It came in one week. Got it day before yesterday. Seemed to be real high quality for the money. I put together an at for basically 350 bucks and it fit and finish puts my cheaper ars like my entry level bushmaster and dmps to shame. I haven't done much testing yet though. I just dumped a clip of ball reloads out the back door and it ran them fine.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 01-17-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Banned

any idea what hes getting over a chrono with the 7.5 vs 10.5. I kind of torn between the two. I want to put together a 5.56 first and then maybe go with one of there 9mm pistols. I emailed them asking about the possibility of a .40 pistol but haven't heard back.

any idea what hes getting over a chrono with the 7.5 vs 10.5. I kind of torn between the two. I want to put together a 5.56 first and then maybe go with one of there 9mm pistols. I emailed them asking about the possibility of a .40 pistol but haven't heard back.
    I'm not sure what he's getting, but when it warms up a little bit I can get with him and get my chrono out. He doesn't reload and was never really interested in any of that. Just likes to shoot. But I can certainly work to get that information.

Palmetto State does seem to have good stuff. I've not bought from them before, but know people who have. I'm confident it will be a nice solid gun. There's been speculation that PSA is going to start manufacturing mp5 clones, and is going to announce at SHOT soon. If that's the case and the reviews come back favorably, I'm gonna be all over that!

An ar chambered in 40 would be really nice. I see they make some parts for 45, but it seems like they're never in stock. That might be next on my list.

Banned

ya I noticed the 45 stuff is never in stock too. I know one thing. Palmetto State kits might not be top end 2000 dollar at parts but id never again buy a cheap bushmaster, oly, dpms or stag again. For a 1/3 less or better you can put together one just as good if not better. Even if you look at there complete guns like the 9mm AR they sell for a bit over 500 bucks. Yes it doesn't have last round bolt hold open like my cmmg has but it uses glock mags which although aren't easier to find or cheaper the the colt style mags mine uses if a guy is carrying a glock too you only have to carry one style mag and you could about put two together for the price I paid for my cmmg. I know personaly id take the 9mm gun they sell that's a true ar15 before a ruger at the same price. As to a 40 it will probably be whoever comes up with one first. I will also signed up for an email when and if they get the 45 stuff back in stock. hate to sound like a cheerleader but if this gun is any indication of the quality then they've got a hook in my mouth

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I didn't know Palmetto sold a complete 9mm AR in the Ruger price range. One time I priced a 9mm LPK and upper for that price, but you still had to add a receiver and build it yourself.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

I didn't know Palmetto sold a complete 9mm AR in the Ruger price range. One time I priced a 9mm LPK and upper for that price, but you still had to add a receiver and build it yourself.
    Yup. I really was planning on buying the Ruger when it came out, but because the PSA was complete it convinced me to order that instead.

Banned

they sell complete 9mms from 500-550 depending on barrel length. I'm talking 9mm pistol length guns with sig braces that are sold as handguns.

Banned

this is kind of cool too https://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews...ock-19-23.html You can buy one and shot it with both a 9mm and 40 glock. Kind of homely but not more so then the ruger or highpoint.

Sight unseen I'd take this Ruger over the PSA. Blow back PCC AR's tend to not have the most lengthy shooting careers. They're hard on the smaller parts.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast