Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger 9mm Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    my cmmg 9mm AR uses colt 32 round stick mags and has been a 100 percent reliable with any bullet conventionally lubed or pc'ed. I don't recall it ever missed a beat even once.
    What do those cost these days?

Banned

It sure wasn't cheap. I don't remember the exact price but I believe just over a grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    What do those cost these days?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'm sure the $500.00 Ruger will be more than sufficient for my needs. Poured a bunch of Lee 356-124-TC last night to get ready!!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    my cmmg 9mm AR uses colt 32 round stick mags and has been a 100 percent reliable with any bullet conventionally lubed or pc'ed. I don't recall it ever missed a beat even once.
    Does your bolt lock open on the last round? It doesn’t on my Glock mag lower from PSA.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Banned

yes it does. It looks and feels and works just like a 223 ar. Only difference is the bolt and carrier are one piece due to it being a blow back action and the gas key on top of the bolt is only there to engage the charging handle. this is the one I have https://www.cmmginc.com/product/rifle-mk9le-9mm/ I guess I was wrong on the price. I checked my gun log and I paid 920 bucks out the door for it.

Boolit Master

I've already nagged Ruger for a .45 that eats from 1911 mags. If they do that, I'll play.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    I've already nagged Ruger for a .45 that eats from 1911 mags. If they do that, I'll play.
    I've already requested from my little honey at my LGS that when she sees that Ruger is making the PC45 that uses 1911 mags to order one for me.

Banned

I really don't think theres going to be much of a demand for a tactical rifle that uses 7 round mags. Might see a 45 from then that uses glock mags though. Ive been wrong before though.

Boolit Grand Master
    I really don't think theres going to be much of a demand for a tactical rifle that uses 7 round mags. Might see a 45 from then that uses glock mags though. Ive been wrong before though.
    Good point Lloyd on the magazine issue. This carbine is going to be a winner in whatever calibers they put out. For me, the 9mm makes the most sense as it will be a fun plinker gun and if the bolt is not to hard to pull back, a SD gun for the lady.
    Don Verna

Banned

my 9mm ar15 carbine is flat out the most fun gun I own. As cheap to shoot as a 22 these days to boot. Ill probably wait for a 40 because I already have the 9 but I might even talk myself into one in 9 too.

Boolit Master
    If properly maintained a Camp 9 will run with the best of them, it's a lot more fun when you can hear the impacts. Moved the front sight back to accommodate the threads for a suppressor.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb in Pa View Post
    If properly maintained a Camp 9 will run with the best of them, it's a lot more fun when you can hear the impacts. Moved the front sight back to accommodate the threads for a suppressor.
    Agreed. But Mine's uglier I need to move the sight back on mine and replace the scope with the peep sight a friend gave me...

What can I say? I got a good price on it...

Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

I really don't think theres going to be much of a demand for a tactical rifle that uses 7 round mags. . .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mauser 98K.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	211845 I beg to differ.

To say nothing of:

Name:	Delisle Carbine.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	211846
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    Agreed. But Mine's uglier I need to move the sight back on mine and replace the scope with the peep sight a friend gave me...

What can I say? I got a good price on it...

Thats a great looker............
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Banned

yup but this isn't 1930. to many options out there that hold more rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post

Name:	Mauser 98K.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	211845 I beg to differ.

To say nothing of:

Name:	Delisle Carbine.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	211846

Banned

heres something that might even make more sense then the ruger http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516447502.html If it had last round bolt open I would probably have one sitting here right now.

Boolit Master
    yup but this isn't 1930. to many options out there that hold more rounds.
    A buddy of mine has one of the modern recreations of the Delisle carbines very quiet.................

heres something that might even make more sense then the ruger http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516447502.html If it had last round bolt open I would probably have one sitting here right now.
    It's a matter of personal taste. I see absolutely nothing appealing about the PSA other than it goes bang. You are also stuck with an arm brace unless you spend more money to SBR it or put a 16" barrel on.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Funny you posted that Lloyd, I literally just placed the order for that last night after hemming and hawing over it all day. As much as I like the idea of the Ruger carbine, the PSA ar9 suits my fancy just fine. I can just yank the flash hider off and use it with the suppressor that way. LRBHO doesn't really bother me (the AK doesn't have it either), and the arm brace is fine with me. I wasn't overly eager for the longer barrel on the Ruger anyways.

If it works for you, that's great. I actually find non-pistol grip stocks to be way more comfortable and the 16" barrel is a plus for my purposes. I thought about going with a regular 9mm AR-15 but the Ruger does everything I need it to so that's what I'm rolling with.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast