ADvertise hereStainLess Steel MediaInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionGraf & SonsRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: New Ruger 9mm Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Electric88 View Post
    The Truth About Guns has reported a five inch group being 3/4" at about 59 yards.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...er-pc-carbine/
    I read through the report and didn't see any 5 inch groups. I saw one 5 shot group that measured under an inch but nothing bigger than around 2 inches shown in the report.

Ooops, I meant to say 5 shot group under an inch. Good catch

Boolit Master

it wasn't just them. More places then not jacket up there prices. Even I did. I sold an ar10 I bought new for 900 bucks to a guy who offered me 1300 bucks for. 600 dollar ARs were selling for a grand around here and that's if you could even find one. today you can put one together for 400 bucks or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric88 View Post
    Maybe you're right, they aren't thieves. I guess any time I see one place charging a significant amount more than others, I immediately lose any interest in dealing with them. But, that is capitalism I suppose, and vastly better than the alternative.

I will probably be jaded for quite some time specifically by Cheaper than Dirt, and the way they jacked up prices on magazines and green tip ammunition when shootings happened or bans loomed. But, that was a different scenario anyways.
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

Boolit Master

street price is around 500 bucks but retail is probably close to the 700 6bg posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    As usual, a post that is factually inaccurate and provides no useful information. It is not a $700 gun, and it runs just fine. If I did not have my two Berettas, I would already have a couple. Still might.
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

Boolit Master

they are the same trigger as a 1022 so aftermarket triggers are already available but add a 100 or more trigger to a 550 dollar rifle and its starting to get ridiculous again. That said even a out of the box 1022 has a fair trigger when compared to some of the ar15s ive owned so it would probably be good enough for me right out of the box for what id use it for. It aint a target rifle and doesn't pretend to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Maybe I missed it in all the BS....has anyone measured the trigger pull and worked one. I had a Camp 9 and got rid of it because the trigger was horrible.

BTW anyone who pays close to MSRP is a fool when it is easy to beat that price by spending 5 minutes on the internet.

If the triggers are decent (and supposedly they are like the 10/22 - so I hope they can be similarly tuned) I am buying one. Lloyd summed up why. And if they can be converted from 9mm to .40 S&W, I will be a very happy camper.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 02-03-2018 at 11:50 AM.

I think the $700+ price tag was at a California gun shop? That wouldn't surprise me.

Edit.... Yes. $749.00 in Elk Grove CA

Just that fact this firearm has already generated 11 pages of discussion shows it to be interesting.

Personally, I believe the 9mm blow back design is as simple an action you can make......other then the .22 blowback. They are close to the same. Just the 9 is center fired and a little beefier. I would have to see it below $400 ($400 tops) before I would be interested. I agree that Ruger only has about $125 to $150 cost in every one they make.
    Last edited by buckshotshoey; 02-04-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Boolit Master
    Grab-a-gun lists them for less than $500 when they are in stock.

I see there are MANY YouTube videos out for the PC Carbine. I have to say it really doesn't look that bad. I would have to think that some of the negative commenters wouldn't buy anything Ruger to begin with. Haven't watched all the vids yet, but nothing really derogatory has been pointed out so far. It has sparked my interest.

Boolit Master

If they make one in stainless I’m in
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Boolit Master
    a simple lightweight bolt action carbine with beretta 92 or 951 or similar single stack magazines like the remington 581 i converted to 9x19 and used destroyer mags on would sell like hot cakes for $300, if any reputable gun maker was smart enuf to use low cost manufacturing techniques married to traditional styling. they are marketing to 12 year olds with the "cutting edge" cheese grater "modern styling" ****, while the gun money is still in the hands of grumpy old men.

w eare willing to buy plastic and aluminum, just not overpriced butt-ugly plastic and aluminum.

KyGunCo's in-stock notification system must be wonky. I've received two notifications in the past week, clicking on the second one almost instantly, and they still showed out of stock.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011