Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Who bought a new to them lever gun this year?

Boolit Buddy
    I just picked up my first lever gun. 94AE in 30-30. Verdict is still out on how I feel about the giant crossbolt safety.

Boolit Bub
    I bought a Euroarms 1873 .357 Magnum 20" barrel. I haven't even shot it yet.

I lucked on a Marlin 336ER 356win. Used it to take a nice whitetail doe, shooting cast RCBS 35-200

I can’t load for it, but I couldn’t pass up an octagon barreled 22 Magnum. Kids and I are going to have a blast (pun intended) with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F95D67E5-88FA-423D-B8AC-297691AC508E.jpeg  

Boolit Buddy
    My latest lever is a new in box EMF Rossi 44-40, got it on gunbroker at a great price. working the lever it feels like it already had an action job and the trigger breaks like glass. can't wait to shoot this one.

Boolit Buddy
    My list of "needed" firearms is almost non existent and thankfully the list of "wanted" firearms is down to just a few. I was able to cross off one of those off the list in 2017, when I finally scored a long sought after Win 9422 Mag. For nearly 10 or so years, on and off, I had been looking for a minty early model, no checkering, steel ammo tube and no modifications (ie: added qd studs, scope, etc) that I could shoot and also one that wouldn't cost me a kidney. I don't always check GB or Gunsamerica, but just happened to around May of last year and saw exactly what I was looking for (and it was a very early 5 digit serial number) from a dealer in NH. I looked into it a bit and found it had been listed with a high BIN and reserve, previously and went unsold a few times. He had lowered both on the current listing, but it was still a bit high in my opinion. That auction also went unsold. A day or two later after the closed auction and it had not been relisted, I reached out to the seller via phone. It turned out that it was a consignment piece and part of a group of rifles being sold for an older gentleman, who was a friend of the dealer. A few phone conversations and hours later, the owner of the rifle dropped the price a good bit more, when I said I'd deliver cash in hand for it. The listing dealer said he'd transfer it directly to me, saving me shipping and NH is a no sales tax state. I could not have been happier, especially being able to pick it up directly and not have to worry about having it shipped. Took a buddy along for the hour plus ride each way, meet some good folks at the shop, found a great lunch spot and drove home like I was bringing a new baby home from the hospital. It currently resides in the safe, beside its "twin" brother, a first month production 9422 in 22 LR. Bought quite a few leverguns in previous years, but that was my only one in '17 and couldn't be happier. Bill in MA

Boolit Buddy

I picked up my second Henry in 45-70...this one a H010CC (color case-hardened receiver and 22" octagon barrel).

The other is a H010 - 18.4" round barrel.
    Scrounging for pb...

USMC 0351

Boolit Master
    Winchester Take Down 450 Marlin caliber.

Vendor Sponsor

I picked up a marlin 45-70 and now im designing boolits for Miha to make molds for me, check it out on the Active GB area

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Picked up a Uberti 1873 in 45 Colt, already had 38-40 WCF and wanted a 45 Colt to go with it.

Take care now
    If there is nothing in your life worth dying for than you are already dead.

Boolit Master
    Marlin 45/70 slb yesterday along with 100 cases waiting for dies and mold to arrive in a couple of days .gave it a clean today seems well made (fit of wood good ,internally well finished ) just hope it shoots as well as it looks .

Boolit Master
    Got a 1975 Glenfield 30A 30-30 last week. Got it in pieces for cleaning now, should be getting a reduced power mainspring today along with some loading necessities. Smoothed up the trigger sear. Had to grind on a couple screw drivers for the thin screw slots. Should have got that Wheeler screwdriver kit I've been putting off forever. With luck I'll be out with it this afternoon before the snow storm.

Got the new mainspring installed and it all put back together nicely. Huge improvement to the trigger pull.

Got it out and shot it. Yeah, it's a keeper.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 02-18-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by msp2640 View Post
    ****snip***** couldn't be happier. Bill in MA
    Nice tale Bill. Thanks for sharing.

Boolit Buddy
    I went to the dealer today to buy a powder scale and ended up buying a gun. Happens every time.

I put a deposit down on what will be my 6th Lever action in the last 12 months.

This one is a current production Winchester 1992 Big Loop Carbine in 44-40.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoWhamo View Post
    I went to the dealer today to buy a powder scale and ended up buying a gun. Happens every time.

I put a deposit down on what will be my 6th Lever action in the last 12 months.

This one is a current production Winchester 1992 Big Loop Carbine in 44-40.
    Nice! My question for you is did you even end up with a powder scale? Or do you need to go back again? LOL

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR View Post
    Nice! My question for you is did you even end up with a powder scale? Or do you need to go back again? LOL
    Nope, the dealer told me they still had a new-old-stock RCBS 10-10 which is what i wanted. When i got there it turned out to be the new model 1000 which is a good scale but i don't want a chinese made scale.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoWhamo View Post
    Nope, the dealer told me they still had a new-old-stock RCBS 10-10 which is what i wanted. When i got there it turned out to be the new model 1000 which is a good scale but i don't want a chinese made scale.
    If you’re anything like me, this would result in yet another trip to find the scale and likely another firearm coming home instead!

Boolit Mold
    A late 60’s winchester30/30 and a 2005 rossi Ranch hand.The Winchester was going to replace my enfield 303 as a truck gun but the 44mag ranch hand shoots so well now it’s my new truck gun,legal to keep loaded.Still not legal to shoot a coyote out the window though,but having the gun loaded is good.

I picked up an 1866 Yellowboy by A.Uberti. It has a polished Bronze/Gunmetal frame and I add upholstery tacks on the forearm and buttstock. As soon as I get pictures I will post them.

Having trouble posting pictures from photobucket. Any other site that offers that service.
    Listen! Do you hear it. The roar of cannons, the screams of the dying! Ahh! Music to my ears!

Boolit Bub
    I tried to talk 3 friends into buying the Browning BLR takedown 325wsm that was sitting at the LGS for $700. After 3 months I couldn’t bear it any more so I took her home. “used” but I could swear it had never been shot!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast