Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Walther PPS M2

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar

Walther PPS M2

Anybody have experience with the Walther PPS M2 9mm? I think the original PPS looks hideous and is overpriced, but really like the sound of of the M2. Looks like they can be had for a bit more than $300.00, a real bargain for a German Walther. Do they shoot boolits well? Any known problems with them? Anybody ever compared the M2 to the Glock 43, which one did you prefer? I searched and did not find any threads on the M2 in this forum.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I examined one at the range today. The PPS M2 feels good in the hand and feels like a quality piece. It is not as small as I thought it would be, but I wouldn't want to go too small as I shoot my carry guns alot. That particular range is pretty high on guns, they wanted $449.00 for it. Kentucky Gun Company is right at $300.00.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

The PPS M2 is about the only single stacked 9mm I can shoot. The Shield and G43 is too thin or small for me.

They are $420 around here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I used to have a Kahr CW9. Perfect size and weight for a single stack 9mm. Unfortunately my big fingers couldn't deal with the trigger so down the road it went. So far, I have three guns I want to get this year: PPS M2, Ruger LCRX, and the new Ruger 9mm carbine. I'll probably be just get them in order of the best deal I can find.

I have one of the LE models and an LC9s. both are great shooters but the Ruger is a little smaller and easier to pocket carry. I have small hands and cannot deal with a double stack mag autoloader. I also have an LCR 38 which is my preferred pocket carry piece. The Walther is very comfortable to shoot and hasn't had any failures.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Don’t ever trust a man who doesn’t like John Wayne

Boolit Grand Master

Walther PPS M2

I've been carrying one of the originals since it came out. I don't know how you would think it's hideous. Especially compared to the M2. Regardless I hate that Walther has caved and gotten rid of the paddle mag release. People want every gun to be a 1911. The paddle is more ergonomic. But they changed it to give the masses what they want. They did the same w/ the PPQ.

I'd expect the M2 to function just as well as mine has. It shoots cast just fine. And is one of the most accurate pistols I own. Walther doesn't make their guns worse when updating them. Features and looks are subjective. Function and accuracy aren't.

I suppose it's a matter of aesthetics. I don't really care about the mag release but the lines of the original PPS looked, uhm.. well.. Intratec-ish to me. Also, I really didn't like the fact that the gun would not function if the removable backstrap came off. The PPS is definitely in my plans, but I have a feeling that I'll be getting one of the new Ruger carbines first. The fun store has them on order and I don't think I'll be able to resist!

Boolit Grand Master

The backstrap really isn't an issue. I remove magazine disconnects from all my guns. The backstrap doesn't come off easily. I realize it will disable it but it takes an intentional act to remove it.

Boolit Bub
    Summers in N.E. PA, Winters in Central Florida
    Ferguson, does the Glock 43 have the "Poly" rifled barrel? I'm not a Glock fan, and don't now much about them, but I've heard they use poly rifling which won't handle boolits, because of excess leading. I know you can get a conventionally rifled "drop in" barrel for them, pretty cheap, but the grip angle and plastic sights and lousy triggers on them are a turn off for me. (I've fired any number of Glocks/models, and can't say I liked any of them--)

Boolit Grand Master

The polygonal rifling is a non issue w/ cast bullets. It's one of those rumors that persists. There's a long running thread here about it. You will find lots of people here, including myself, shooting cast in stock Glock barrels.

As far as I know, all Glocks other than the brand new gen. 5's have poly rifling. Size and lube your boolits appropriately and you won't have problems. The 43 and the PPS are my top two choices right now. I have a 42 and absolutely love it.