MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Most POWERFUL and Dangerous PISTOLS of ALL TIME

7 Most POWERFUL and Dangerous PISTOLS of ALL TIME

I, ran across this video and was some what surprised . Marvin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSb58GIEvQ

Boolit Master
    Some people have to compensate for something.

Here I thought it was going to be like

1) A FN M1910, serial number 19074, chambered in .380 ACP was the handgun used by Gavrilo Princip to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria in Sarajevo on June 28, 1914, the act that precipitated the First World War. The total number of military and civilian casualties in World War I was more than 41 million: there were over 18 million deaths and 23 million wounded, ranking it among the deadliest conflicts in human history.

2) .41 calibre muzzleloading derringer by Henry Deringer used by John Wilkes Booth to assassinate President Lincoln

3) eight-shot Iver Johnson .22 calibre Cadet 55-A revolver Serial number H-53725 used by Sirhan Sirhan to assassinate Robert F. Kennedy

etc.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

People have been warning me for years about these SuperGuns that will leave me deaf, blind, and break my arms.
    I can't wait to try a few more of them!
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Banned
    Did I see the Desert Eagle 44 magnum on the list? If so I always wanted one so I bought one. Not trying to compensate for anything like one person thinks. Some people like the adrenaline flow when touching off a hand cannon.

Boolit Master
    Yeah they had the Desert Eagle mentioned as a 44 Magnum but they showed the .50 AE being fired. It was the first one discussed in the video. They should have mentioned the Magnum Research .444 Marlin and the .45-70 as well.

Boolit Master

There are some pretty awesome 45 C loads also
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master
    I suppose the one that is pointing at someone. In terms of actual harm done, unless you count politician life as more important than other people, it has to be the Walther Model 2 in .25ACP in the hands of the truly odious General Vasily Blokhin, who surely holds the record for personal homicide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blokhin

Blokhin's choice was likely to have been low noise levels as the desire to blame the Nazis. The executions were conducted in a confined space, and noise audible at a distance could have convinced the others that they might as well resist as not. He was eventually dismissed in the brief Beria interregnum, for bringing Stalinism into disrepute although Beria wanted to hold onto all its advantages. Khruschev had him stripped of all his honours, and he is said to have died insane, by suicide, although it might have been a fatal dose of politics.

My Polish Air Force Uncle Peter profited from two unlikely pieces of luck. What got him out of meeting General Blokhin was rejecting people's advice to play it safe by staying home and making his peace with the Russians. The second was a bad crash when he was converting to Stirlings, the first of the big four-engine bombers. They had equipment failure including the radio, in bad visibility, and Peter got the job of watching for obstructions on an airfield where they weren't expected. There was a truck, the intercom failed as well, and the instructor was killed. But Peter got to recover in a safe target-towing job in Scotland, while hardly anybody survived a full tour in Stirlings, which flew lower and slower than their replacements.
    Last edited by Ballistics in Scotland; 12-29-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Did I see the Desert Eagle 44 magnum on the list? If so I always wanted one so I bought one. Not trying to compensate for anything like one person thinks. Some people like the adrenaline flow when touching off a hand cannon.
    I will point out that the first time I fired it I expected all hell to break loose. It was just the opposite the Desert Eagle was an easy gun to shoot simply because about all of the recoil is taken up by the gas ejection system and the ejection of the spent round. It did spew fire out the barrel that was observed by those at the rifle firing range some distance away.

Banned

good for a laugh anyway. I remember being in the local gander mountain and overhearing one of there STORE GUN EXPERTS that was probably a college kid working part time telling a guy looking at a raging bull 454 that his buddy had bought one and the first shot he fired he broke a bone in his hand and arm. He told him it was the most powerful handgun made! If you ever shot a ported 454 raging bull youd know recoil is probably milder then a super Blackhawk. Same thing with one of those 4lb desert eagle 50aes. Shoot even full power 480s out of a Blackhawk and then shoot a DE 50ae and youd swear your shooting a 357. Also id like to know which police force in the world issues a 454 raging bulls to its troops.

Banned
    Sometimes the abilities of the people being hired at local gun stores and shops is at question. I had a young kid tell me he was a armorer. Hell, I probably can't spell it and I are one.

Lloyd, what I love is their ability to sell absolute **** guns with a smile on their faces. A raging bull with comp is mild shooting gun which begs for maximum loads and then laughs in you face when you pull the trigger.

Boolit Master
    There are a couple of factors besides the gas mechanism. In automatics the line of thrust is likely to be closer to the hand.

Suppose you could make a muzzle brake work at virtually full chamber pressure? Suppose it took the form of a very thin slit running all the way around the barrel? As high-speed gases are reluctant to change direction, they would impact more on the front of that slit than the rear. That is pretty much what you have in a revolver.

I think these two factors apply in handguns. The former is greater if everything is simply (like Olive Oyle trying to find something good about her fiancée Bluto in the live-action "Popeye", "He's... large. He's... very large." The second is greater if pressures are peculiarly high.

Boolit Master
    It's an amusing video at least....

I know I was very surprised the first time I shot a Desert Eagle in .50 AE. The gun was relatively tame and it was pretty darn accurate. Shooting my S&W model 29 with regular magnum loads is more of a handful than the DE.

Boolit Grand Master

It was missing the scandium frame Smiths. Those guns hurt to shoot w/ full power loads. Let alone an offering from Buffalo Bore or Underwood.

Boolit Master

Line from Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man "Nobody learns to shoot on a converted 454". Well, my first pistol was a Thompson Center Contender in 7-30 Waters lol...

Banned

yup my 44 spec. 396 smith would hurt you as much as any of those guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It was missing the scandium frame Smiths. Those guns hurt to shoot w/ full power loads. Let alone an offering from Buffalo Bore or Underwood.

Banned
    The only thing dangerous about the 44 mag desert eagle is the slide coming back. I laid my thumb open having it in the wrong spot. Maximum loads in the desert eagle are mild compared to the same loads in my 629-6.

Boolit Master
    Scandium frame 5 shot 357 Mag is absolutely brutal compared to my 460 S&W the gun built with heft and setup properly will reduce felt recoil but those litt Smiths are just horrible.

Boolit Buddy
    What happened to those .577 double barrel pistols Tiger hunters used as backup guns?

"Recoil is insignificant when there is a tiger on the head of your elephant" The Maharaja of Cooch Behar.

Boolit Buddy
    That's an awesome vid ! Loved it ! .Fiddy cal handgun ????? YIKES is all I can say !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast