Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersPBcastco
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Vintage Cartridge Collection

Boolit Master

Vintage Cartridge Collection

I met a guy today that I’ve known online for a couple years. He’s helping a friend with the sale of reloading supplies and equipment from a spouses estate. Good guy and I got some primers and powder.

Anyway, he showed me some pictures of the estate’s cartridge collection. It seems extensive and thoroughly documented. I told him that I had no idea how to get a value on it, but that ya’ll might be able to offer some suggestions. He’ll either be lurking around or may sign up. I told him that I don’t think he can post it for sale, but that h could ask for suggestions about how to best proceed.

Anyway, hope he joins up, but in the meantime, anyone have any suggestions?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Sorry, too many variables unless seen
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    No doubt, but I’m not looking for value, I’m looking for suggestions about how t determine value. Is your suggestion to post pictures here and that you might be able to offfer an opinion as to value based on them?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Or at least a listing of the cartridges and description of condition along with how it's presented. Heck if it's housed in a #1 walnut custom made something, that by itself could be pricey.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    Check with your state shooter assn. They may have a cartridge club also or know who does.

Boolit Grand Master

I would imagine they can be hard to sell. Ive seen several of the Sierra bullet board displays at auctions and they didn't get an opening bid. Even put with other items they didn't bring much.

Banned
    http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/

The International Cartridge Collectors Association.

Contact them for help/ideas to dispose of a large collection.

Ken

Boolit Master
    I have been Collecting Cartridges for the past 50 Years. Unlike fire arms cartridge collectors do not collect for there value. Most general collector want to get every one. One of each. a life time of work. all @ a dime to dollar. The specialty Only collects 1 variety. Hundreds of hundred all with the same one with only different headstamps.
    The common link between the 2 , all are wothless only to the people who collect Them.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Thanks all, he’s working on pics now and will then reach out for additional input.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    I have been Collecting Cartridges for the past 50 Years. Unlike fire arms cartridge collectors do not collect for there value. Most general collector want to get every one. One of each. a life time of work. all @ a dime to dollar. The specialty Only collects 1 variety. Hundreds of hundred all with the same one with only different headstamps.
    The common link between the 2 , all are wothless only to the people who collect Them.
    Aint that the truth, spend years looking for something you don't have such as a nazi headstamp or such and after you finally get one you see a mag full at a gun show! Oh well
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington