RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Swaged with no jacket

Boolit Master

Swaged with no jacket

Swaged a few hundred 44-240’s yesterday using rce jackets. While knurling I was wondering if anyone swages lead slugs with no jacket, applies a cannelure then powder coats them.
    Seems like this should make a good smooth sided boolit. Of course with all the 40 s&w brass nobody’s running out of jacket material anytime soon.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

I do this all the time for 45 ACP. Using the "ultimate cannalure tool I knurl the bearing surface and lube with LLA or 45-45-10. There are some pics on one of the "ultimate cannalure " threads. I'll see if I can find it.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Master

I do this all the time for 45 ACP. Using the "ultimate cannalure tool I knurl the bearing surface and lube with LLA or 45-45-10. There are some pics on one of the "ultimate cannalure " threads. I'll see if I can find it.
    I uploaded pics of Kevin's cannelure tool with the knurling wheel installed. Also included pics of 45 ACP & 500 S&W/50 Beowulf. I originally posted them in th S&S section but realized they would soon disappear when the thread was taken down so I moved some of them over here.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails

Bob

I tried to copy and paste pics here but I only got text and no pics. I'm not very good at this especially since I got a new computer with windows 10. Have to slowely learn everything all over again by trial and error.
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Grand Master

I put a cannelure on cast, not swaged, bullets for a 357 Sig. last thing I want is bullet set back. I know that wasn't the question. But I see no issues w/ what you want to do.

I've never PC'd them but I've TL'd them with fine success, and based on the results that folks get with normal cast and PC'd I think you will be in a perfect situation for good shooting.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK