RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Case question - Quality on Captech International's Brass

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

Case question - Quality on Captech International's Brass

Hey all - I don't know these folks, looking at getting some New Old Stock brass, but I'd like to know it's good stuff before buying.

Any experiences, good or bad, with them? Thanks!

Boolit Master
    I’ve bought their .25-20 Single Shot brass, and it’s better than the late offerings of the original stuff was. I’ve also bought their .44-77 Rem&Sharps brass, and it’s very good.

I sure hope that company stays afloat. They are a major resource for the shooters of the old calibers.

Boolit Master
    I don't have a ton of cap tech brass, but what I have is good stuff. Generally better than the bertram in the same calibers in my experience.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Thanks. Seems a good option then

Boolit Master
    I looked at Captech's site a week ago and they did not have any inventory of anything.

I have seen a few posts asking if they are still operating.
    EDG

This is NOS (New Old Stock) at a distributor

Boolit Master
    I looked at their website.They appear to be Jamison Brass.I sent them an Email inquiring about availability of brass.The message was returned as undeliverable.

Ordered some from the wholesaler that had some, I will HOPE it's good stuff. Giving my good old rifle all new brass for a present It's too bad they went out of business, seemingly were a good Co.

Boolit Master
    I just checked Graf's website.They have a fair selection of Jamison brass in stock.Maybe they are still in business.I could use some .280 Ross brass.

Yes Jamison is equivalent to Captech, ordering most of what I want in a Captech headstamp but Jamison should be pretty much identical

I think Jamison/CapTech is out of business now. **** shame. I bought some Jamison 25-20 SS brass from Midway last October, as well as some more direct from Captech around that time. I just went to buy some more, and Midway says "discontinued". I went to the Captech Int'l web site, and if I right click on a link, I can bring up a page, but everything says "out of stock". Every other click just gets one of those generic "site parking" sites when a domain is defunct.

I tried calling their phone number, and all I get is a generic message saying "leave a message". No company name or anything like that. I left a message asking for status, but I don't expect to get a call back. Too bad; lots of people depended on what they were making. Sure wish I'd bought more back in October.

Does anyone know for sure their status? It sure doesn't look good at this point.

Anyone know of any other 25-20 SS Single Shot brass source? It's not 25-20 Winchester - that's a whole 'nother thing.
    Last edited by brian1; 06-15-2018 at 05:34 PM.