Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: instruction manuals

Boolit Mold

instruction manuals

I have a set of Pacific reloading dies coming my way in .357 Herrett, I don't think they will arrive with instructions, does anyone have set of instructions for these dies that they can give me a copy of? I'm assuming that they are a two die set, but I'm not sure.

Boolit Master

Turtleboy,

Welcome to Castboolits! Dies all work about the same. Adjust the sizing die so that the press just barely "cams over" when the die and shell holder make contact. That assures consistent full length sizing. Adjust the decapper so that it removes the primer without bottoming out in the case. Adjust the seating die body such that it comes just short of touching the case by raising a sized case all the way and screwing the die down until it touches, then back off a half to a full turn. Adjust the seating stem so the bullet seats at the desired depth. If you need more specifics just ask but I figure you've probably loaded before since these dies are in .357 Herrett. I would use a lanolin based case lube or Imperial sizing wax on those cartridges.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned
    liquid lanolin dissolves very nicely in red "Iso-Heet" automotive fuel dryer (actually 99% alcohol)

Now Foods, Solutions, Liquid Lanolin, 4 fl oz (118 ml) $8.48 not prime but free shipping
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ISO-HEET 28202 Premium Fuel-line Antifreeze Water Remover and Injector Cleaner, 12 Fl oz. $2.29 Add-on item

Also found in most automotive supply houses.

https://www.amazon.com/ISO-HEET-2820...words=iso-heet

I get a sprayer, put a couple of boolits in it as agitators for mixing then use 1 12 oz red bottle of iso-heat and 1 1/3 oz. (1/3) of the 4 oz lanolin.

You will probably lose/misplace the 2/3 bottle of lanolin before you ever need it again.

if the mixture is to thick or to thin just add more lanolin or red iso-heat (or 99% alcohol) to your taste.

This even works wonders on dry hands or feet.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Lanolin is $11 at http://www.durofelt.com/image_33.html for 7 Fl. Oz., I haven't tried it yet but imagine it's a good deal.