Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Sweet and salty powder.

Boolit Master

Sweet and salty powder.

If I was to cook up a batch of sugar fuelled powder,after cooling the mass ,what size grains are needed .Can I form case sized discs or tablets ,or maybe a cylinder,or does the stuff need to be granulated.If so ,what size granules?..It does seem a very clean and simple subs.Sugar temp is very easily regulated with an induction cooker,and milling unmixed component is also completely safe.The induction top doesnt have any red hot parts.

I've made rocket fuel from KNO3 and sugar, never tried to shoot it.

When it is hot it is not hard to pour it into paper tubes, then shove a rod down the center.
    I suspect you could let it cool in one mass and break it up and grind it, then sift out different sized grains. But I have never tried it.

Seemed a bit less "energetic" than holy black if you ask me. Also made great smoke bombs.

Boolit Master
    I like to avoid any grinding or breaking,and size the stuff while its soft.I think pushing thru a mesh was mentioned somewhere......but making discs or cylinders seems good ,if it will work like that........it can probably be worked like sweets,by pulling out the plastic mass on a hook,and folding and pulling again.....buy what final size?

Boolit Master

would be interested in a write up of how you make your powder. always heard that sugar powder needed to be made from fruit sugar not beet or cane to get it to have any vigor. you can grind the finished product with a hand crank ceramic grinder.