Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: My first Christmas as a Christian

Boolit Grand Master

My first Christmas as a Christian

I attended church yesterday with my fiancé, her daughter and grandson.

I accepted Jesus in June of this year.

When the time came to light light the candles, the pastor asked anyone who had become a believer or who had been baptized this year to come forward to light their candles first. We then went into the congregation and lit the candles of the others. It was a moving experience

I thought of how far I had come, and how much further I need to go. I thought of the blessings I have received.

I could not sing the hymn that followed as I feared my voice would crack, but was able to sing the last carol.

Merry Christmas to all of you....both believers and those who have yet to accept our Savior. He loves us all.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Merry Christmas!

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas, Don!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Merry Christmas.

Karl Wagner, retired CIA operations officer, lends perspective and wise words in his annual holiday letter to serving officers spending the holidays overseas, away from their family, I would share:

• "Emotions run higher on a holiday, no matter one’s faith or tradition. The highs are higher and the lows lower, especially the gut punch of remembering those no longer with us. And when you’re away from loved ones, somewhere overseas, the loneliness and sadness are sharper."

• "At your best, you are the living definition of grit and resilience....That means knowing how to quietly take a knee for a moment or an hour, when every fiber in your being seems stretched to the breaking point – perhaps talking with a trusted confidante about an image, or a sound, or the memory of a fallen colleague that you can’t get out of your head, or heart. And then stepping back into the fight."

• "Take solace that you will never be plagued by 'the fear of missing out,' as your actions subtly shape history in large and small ways, and as the path you quietly tread lays a foundation for others to follow. You are in our thoughts and prayers."

Please remember those serving our nation overseas this holiday season.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Bless you thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

"Do not be afraid, for I behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be for all people."
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Bub
    Awesome Brother. The gift of salvation . Christ loved us so much.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Don and Merry Christmas !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Merry Christmas and God Bless You
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the fam8ly brother of Christ.

Boolit Master

Merry First CHRISTmas! You will never look at Christmas the same again.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Moderator Emeritus

Don, Great message and congrats.....and a very Merry Christmas to your fiance and her family!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas, Don, blessings to you and your family

What a wonderful and blessed 1st. Christmas. Just wait for your first Easter, that will blow you mind!

My 48 year old Step Son has been "spiritual, but not religious" and how has decided to return to his roots and claim Christ as his Savior and move to a life of faithful obedience. The day before Christmas, he asked me to go with him down to Boca Chica Beach and Baptism him in the Gulf of Mexico, which I gladly did. What a thrill for me and him both. I love him dearly.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Congratulations, and may God bless you with his guidance and grace as you grow in Him!

Boolit Master

Merry Christmas!

Brother, my heart sings for you. Oh Happy day! Hard times ahead, but on the other side, well, there is Easter. Enjoy the fruits of the season brother. Peace be upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I attended church yesterday with my fiancé, her daughter and grandson.

I accepted Jesus in June of this year.

When the time came to light light the candles, the pastor asked anyone who had become a believer or who had been baptized this year to come forward to light their candles first. We then went into the congregation and lit the candles of the others. It was a moving experience

I thought of how far I had come, and how much further I need to go. I thought of the blessings I have received.

I could not sing the hymn that followed as I feared my voice would crack, but was able to sing the last carol.

Merry Christmas to all of you....both believers and those who have yet to accept our Savior. He loves us all.

Boolit Grand Master
    Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words

Many of you influenced me. Some directly by suggesting books or passages to read and study. Others by the postings you made not only here in the Chapel, but the examples you set on this site.

There are many good men here.

I was also blessed that my two closest friends are Christians.

And God did have to beat me up a bit as well. I was a stubborn bastard at times.
    Don Verna

Brother Don, I don't believe God beats us up; sometimes he lets us make our own decisions, which can result in bruises. I don't know too many people who came to Christ when everything was going exceptionally well.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free