Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Wts Herters presses, C and shotshell

Wts Herters presses, C and shotshell

I’d like to say, I don’t really know the value of these presses. Not a lot out there about the value from what I could find. I’d be open to fair offers. Located in NW Ark, can meet ftf

First is a C frame press in amazing shape. It’s a super model 3. $100 shipped

Second is a herters model N72M 12 Gauge press with powder/shot thrower. $275 shipped

Banned
    The red Model 3 is rare. It is the end of the Model 3 production, right before Herter's went out of business. It was to be replaced with the Model 3 Improved, (pictured in my avatar) that never happened as the doors closed.

Ken

Boolit Master

How do you have a Model 3 Improved if they never happened? I have 3 of these style presses, except 1 is actually a Luger American version. I wish the die insert had the same thread as a Rockchucker, then I could use the quick change Lock n Load die inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    How do you have a Model 3 Improved if they never happened? I have 3 of these style presses, except 1 is actually a Luger American version. I wish the die insert had the same thread as a Rockchucker, then I could use the quick change Lock n Load die inserts.
    Someone said they had some stuff for sale so I just gave them their asking price, pig in a poke kind of thing.

Boolit Master

I have 2 of those Herter's shotgun reloaders. I had planned on using them to replace my Mec's but just haven't done it yet. They are hell for stout, that's for sure.

Still got them for sale or trade

Wts Herters presses, C and shotshell

Bump to too

Don’t be afraid to make an offer, $$ or trade open to anything. These beasts are taking up valuable space

Does the Model 3 use threaded or conventional shell holders?
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA

both the screw in and the Herters button will require an adapter to rcbs button -- Lachmiller shellholders will generally fit herters button -

Boolit Master

Best thing to do is buy the adapter from CH4D that allows Herter's presses to accept standard shell holders. The older style Herter's shell holder has gotten to the ridiculous price level on ebay and other sites. The same applies to the older version Lachmiller press, fortunately my Lachmiller is a late production press that takes standard shell holders. It is the pyramid model 707, only a few were made. my .02 anyway, james

Here’s a pic of the model 3 shell holder setup

RCBS nakes an adapter as well -- a simple bushing will also work if you use set screws ---
    It is a very good press I have had one since the early 60's ---