WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Young Loaders and Lack of Knowledge

Boolit Master
    I think the title is a misnomer . all young loaders are not full of knowledge they learn some faster then others. the new young shooters don't want to read a book or learn to double check themselves.they want instant results. they also don't understand there is no restart button. you get it wrong there are things that will happen not all good.

What they want...they get...

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    I think the title is a misnomer . all young loaders are not full of knowledge they learn some faster then others. the new young shooters don't want to read a book or learn to double check themselves.they want instant results. they also don't understand there is no restart button. you get it wrong there are things that will happen not all good.
    Well...that's exactly what they will get...'instant results!'
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Guess I am lucky I just started a engineer student friend of mine on reloading. Lots of question naturally and he gets it. Also its funny because he is fascinated by how the machines work. Then he makes statements about improvements to my machines and I have to break the news that he was born a decade or two late as somebody already did these improvements. I think he has the bug.

Boolit Master
    I love threads that bag on millennials.

Most of the people that are bashing are the ones that raise them so there you go.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Master
    Whole bunch of Bertha better than you going on up in here.

The generation that sold our freedoms for a nanny state, is now bagging on the children that grew up in the nanny state their parents and grandparents put them in. Priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar experience...he came to me with a MEC Jr and assorted hulls no data and a can of green dot. He wanted to crank out cheap shells cause he shoots em at quail, he had one bit of info, "I shoot 8s". He had no interest in looking up data, sorting which hulls we should use or choosing components, he had loaded some shells but the shot kept dribbling out and the ones he fired had a lot of recoil so he needed me to set it right so he can pick up other peoples empties and load em. He was tired of waiting for shells to go on sale at Kmart! It was all downhill from there, finally I told him I can't help but advised not to shoot any more of the shells he loaded. In disgust, he left all his gear and loaded shells with me and said he'd buy shells since I don't know what I was doing, I said "OK, Pete, best of luck". I took some of his loads apart and found varying amounts of powder and shot, up to 25 grains of Green Dot and some over 480 grains of shot. These were 20 bore! I mounted one of his bulging shells to a plaque with a burst barrel segment below it, I still have it on the wall near my ammo lab. That was 1984, he was over 80 at that time and lived into his 90s. I hope that our misunderstanding contributed to his longevity. Not all fools are young.

Boolit Master
    When I was a constant visitor at the cancer hospital I became friends with one of the security guards there. They are dressed in business suits and very low key, but can be spotted if you know what to look for. This gentleman was retired from the local PD, and told me how he used to shoot competition with their ammo, as he could get all he wanted for free. Factory loads. He also had an expensive progressive shotshell loader. I told him that I not only handloaded but cast my own bullets. Right away he said basically that all cast bullets will terribly lead your barrel. I went to the car and brought back a loaded round for him to see. Either he was being polite or truthful, but he said that he liked it, and did I really make it? I said that I did, and that it didn't lead either of my 9mm pistols.

I had my chemotherapy and went home, but when I came back in three weeks I had a box of loaded rounds that I gave to him. I asked him to try them out and let me know how they shot.

The next time he saw me we sat down and had a cup of coffee. He said he shot the whole box at 25 yards and the group was about 2 inches from his pistol. I then asked if his barrel leaded and he sheepishly said "Not at all."

I haven't been back for a while now, but I do believe I made a believer......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345