RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Eve in the squadbay

Boolit Master

Christmas Eve in the squadbay

The squadbay, AKA the house.

As I sit here, looking out of the porthole at 84 Recruits who I've helped build up since training day one, I can't help but feel content. Yeah, duty on Krimuss Eve is a bummer, but tis life.

We are on S-9, and hit training day 54 on Monday. I laugh because now there are 84 people in this squadbay who act and talk like me, lol.

I got another laugh as I watched the rest of my fellow zombies emerge from the darkness of the parking lot at 0330, ready to go on deck and scream "LIGHTS, LIGHTS, LIGHTS!!!!!" and begin yet another day.

Life sho' am good, and Merry Christmas to all!!

Boolit Master

Stepped off an airplane on 21 December.Cold and snowing----Korea.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas and thank you to all who serve.
    jim

Boolit Master

Wow! Another Christmas morning where I will not be standing the Midwatch from midnight to four AM. Retirement is great!

Banned

"...now there are 84 people in this squadbay who act and talk like me..."

Nice

Merry Christmas to you and all in your squadbay

Vendor Sponsor

Merry Christmas LL, I was watching some documentary about the real Hacksaw Ridge last nite, there was a pretty enlightening docu about the battle for Okinawa, there is a LOT of stuff I didn't know about that campaign, and at the time none of the brass knew it either, would have been better for us to occupy the friendly parts of the island and just wait out the Japs running out of food and ammo instead of going after them like we did.

I look at that and I know what kind of soldiers you are raising, thank you for your service and thank all of them too! Merry Christmas!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas to you, your people and to all here from Gail and I.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas Marine!

Looks like you got the 3rd hat watch once again. Well, It happens... I am thinking your SDI will be keeping the "boys" company tomorrow though. Most did, back long ago. Being a fairly "light" day for training. LOL

Semper Fi!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Thanks for the reminder LL that we are safe at home because of guys like you preparing, keeping watch. May God bless you all and keep your families in Peace.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    God Bless all of you that Serve and have served and the ones we’ve lost !
    Merry Christmas
    Mike

Boolit Master
    Aah. I remember my first and only Christmas in the Squadbay about 35 years ago (as a recruit).
    Merry Christmas!
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

I think you got a friend's G.S. in that bunch.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas to you, your family, and your squad bay from the Olympic Peninsula just across the water from Bangor Sub Base.

Moderator Emeritus

Merry Christmas and thank you for your service! I sent my 5 nieces and nephews a Christmas care package and they all sent me an email saying it arrived. Homemade beef jerky, homemade hard candies(the hot cinnamon is their favorite, I think they prank with it!), and some misc stuff. 3 are in the USA this Christmas, 1 is in Japan(she speaks Chinese and Korean... and does spook stuff), other I am not sure where he is and he isn't saying...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Merry Christmas Marine!

Looks like you got the 3rd hat watch once again. Well, It happens... I am thinking your SDI will be keeping the "boys" company tomorrow though. Most did, back long ago. Being a fairly "light" day for training. LOL

Semper Fi!
    Spot on, lol. Boss let me go at 1100, but I stayed a little longer to IT a bunch of them, lol. Don’t have to be back until Tuesday at lights.

I’ll be a heavy next cycle so now have to learn to teach Drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas to you Dick and all your ducklings
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master

Spent a few years in uniform in dark places on Christmas. Christmas is in your heart, Love Life. Merry Christmas to you and all of our warriors standing a post on this night in the 4 corners of the globe. If for nothing else, America and it's son's and daughters are where they are willingly guarding the people of this planet to have the freedom to wish Merry Christmas to their friends and family
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

To God be the Glory
    To our Men and Women in Uniform our thanks
    Thank You
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

LoveLife
    I am glad you are doing such a great job training the next generation of soldiers, but sad also as very soon all of you in uniform maybe in real harms way. Things are looking much darker when you Here General Mattis say things are not going well and be ready. Yes I know he is our Secretary of Defense now, but he is still a 4 Star General and one who knows the cost of War. Take care and watch your six and those 84 other Marines we need everyone of you. May God Bless each and everyone one of us.
    PS I was a Combat Engineer Instructor back in the dark days of Vietnam trained many I have no idea how they made out but I made dam sure they understood what they might be doing when deployed.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Thank you for severing and MERRY CHRISTMAS. IF it weren't for men like you we couldn't sleep well at night. And thank the rest of your crew.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast