Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Container for Revolver Lube?

I used a small glass jar of Carmex once for my 3rd model dragoon. Worked and smelled good! Now I use greased felt wads. A chainfire is something you don't want to experience.
    I have. Twice. But never with grease or wads!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hunting partner and I had bad chapped lips while hunting in the high mountains of New Mexico one September. Resorted to melted butter/beeswax poured into a heat melt ferrule cement tube and used like chapstick. Found out that chapped lips is a sign of dehydration.. Hmmmm, that might work on the felt wads as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    Hunting partner and I had bad chapped lips while hunting in the high mountains of New Mexico one September. Resorted to melted butter/beeswax poured into a heat melt ferrule cement tube and used like chapstick. Found out that chapped lips is a sign of dehydration.. Hmmmm, that might work on the felt wads as well.
    Might go rancid too...butyric acid etc formed by oxidation. try beeswax and T/C bore butter, smells great, doesn't go bad...

Boolit Master
    A tobacco snuff container works well or a shoe polish can, both fit in your back pocket. I just use wheel bearing grease
    like the did back in the day.

Fly

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    From all the time in Search and Rescue groups I spent, took a lot of seminars, one universal truth I've found is that MOST Americans are dehydrated MOST of the time. So Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! We've seen dehydration lead to poor judgement and bad results in survival situations. Also, if your body craves some salt when in the woods, give it some, we didn't like having to call in a stretcher just because someone oopsed. (Had one of our own people mess up and take photo-reactive medications while in the field, and then go sit in the sun all day; Result was seizures and a helicopter ride to the local trauma center, NOT a good way to enjoy your day.) A little bit of sanity beats most stupidity, sometimes anyways

Boolit Grand Master

If your lube is soft enough a marinating syringe works good with out the needle or one can be made from small brass tubing. A small tin similar to the larger imperial can works good for thicker lubes A piece of brass flat stock 1/16" thick 1/2" wide and 6"-8" long ( 4"-5" will be handle) can be fitted with nice wood handles for a small spatula to apply lube in a tin, quickly and easily with little mess. round the ends with a file a couple wood scales glued on and riveted. then the edges polished to blend. Makes a nice little tool for this and can with practice place the lube in the mouth and pack with out ever touching it with a finger.

Boolit Master
    Depending on its consistency, a stout 4oz squeeze bottle or one of those re-fillable plastic "toothpaste" tubes backpackers load with jam or jelly with a cone spout would work. In cool weather, you might have to keep it in an inside pocket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12