Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: 311299 targets from M1 and M1a

Boolit Master

311299 targets from M1 and M1a

Took out my M1,M1A and 1903 today with some test loads to try the water dropped 311299 gascheck loads.
    For the M1 started at 31gr IMR 4895 and went up 1 gr at a time to 35, was still not getting full function of action on M1, maybe it's due to all new springs, will try 36 and 37 gr next time. Had a hard time seeing front sight with the glare from the sun behind me. Target on right is 25 rounds, didn't measure it

The M1A started at 30gr IMR 4895 and went up 1 gr at a time to 34, some problem but the hotter loads would function action 80% of the time and that's were best accuracy was. Will try 35 and 36gr next time, there was no problem with leading.
    Coal was 3.240 and nose was into rifling almost .040 so wail have to adjust that next time also. Target on left was last 15 rounds shot off sandbags.
    Very happy it's results so for.

Both targets were shot at 50 yards no scopes just factory open sights.

1903 was shot 100 yards with a mix of loads so didn't bother with it this time just enjoyed shooting it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0739.jpg   IMG_0738.jpg  

Boolit Master
    there is a Bruce B sticky with lots of M-14 info.

My M1 functioned fine with 35 gr H4895 and a 175 gr Lee gas check 309. Accuracy wasn't too bad. Springs were whatever CMP sent with it so 35 is possible. This was the only time I ever shot cast in my M1. I need to get back to that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130114_102056-1.jpg  

I ran/used 1 of these plugs in several different m1 garands over the decades including a 308w tanker garand. Well worth every penny.

http://www.schustermfg.com/m1-garand...able-gas-plug/

No more trying to conform different powders/bullets/loads to the design of the m1 garand. No more worrying about springs, op rods, etc. You'll be amazed how easy it is to get a load to function in the garands with 1 of these. They were designed for using "hotter" loads in the garands. But they also work extremely well with lighter loads.