Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Looking for a small Lewiston, Idaho machine shop company or ----------

Boolit Master

Looking for a small Lewiston, Idaho machine shop company or ----------

Sorry, I know this is a really long shot but have not had any results in repeated internet searches.

First off, I DON'T and will not do Tumble lube, so that is not even a question or option!

I have and use, successfully, two sizer and lubers - one each RCBS and Lyman.

However, with 175gr 30 caliber cast bullets, I am having a problem maintaining concentric bullets. Meaning some go through removing all or most of the lube grooves from one side of these small dia. bullets.

My top punch should be just fine, however ------------

When I found this small Lewiston, Idaho machine shop, I wrote down the info and then sent them an "E" to which they have NOT responded. Problem, I must have thrown away the written info and now have not again been able to find the company on line.

This machine shop made a custom nose first sizer and luber that looked like it might do the job, but alas I can't find them.

I live close enough that I could go to their shop to have a hands on look at their tool.

I first found the info when I was looking up info on the Star luber/sizer.

Star is not really an option as I have too much invested in my current tools and all the dies, so I was and am looking for another option to solve my lop sided 30 caliber bullet situation.

Thanks for any help you folks may be able to provide.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Buddy
    In your email main page, can you look for "sent" emails? If so, you can find the original email you sent the shop and get the email address.

Boolit Master
    deepwater,

My pooter skills need lots of help from 4 year old, but ------ I did figure that out and for what ever reason couldn't find the "sent" "E" mail.

Did I delete it by mistake?????? Can't say.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

CDOC

Boolit Master
    I have been known to send mail only to find it in the "Draft" folder. That usually explains why I do not get a reply back.

Boolit Master
    you can always check in your "recently deleted" file.

Boolit Master

Ammo Load Worldwide, inc  
    Machine shop in Lewiston, Idaho

http://ammoload.com/

Google is my friend.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Buddy
    I think you are looking for Meacham Tool and Hardware Co. They have a push thru type sized that mounts on a press.

3423 10th, Lewiston, ID, 83501

www.meachamrifles.com

208-400-0457

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    WOW Ranger! I believe you did it! Don't know how, but thanks. I looked and looked and looked ----

I'll get in contact after CHRISTmas.

Thanks,

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the help here folks!!!!!

Pretty amazing that Ranger came up with the name of the Lewiston, Idaho business!

I did get in contact with the company by phone, but sorry to say that they do not make the sizer luber to fit .30 caliber.

So, what to do -------------------- Were I not so heavily invested in the RCBS and Lyman tools along with a bunch of dies, I'd be looking really hard at a Star system about now.

However, after BABore's recommendation to use a two die system for the 465gr Wide Flat Nose 45/70 mold he made me, I have decided to give the same system a try with the 30 caliber bullets.

Bruce's recommendation was to soon after casting and water quenching the big bullets, to size them through a .460 "lee style" die that Buckshot made me and then at some later date lube the bullets in a .461 sizer/luber die.

So, since I have on hand .309, .310 and .311 sizer/luber dies I have ordered a lee .309 push through die which I hope will help me maintain the desired concentric shape of the cast bullet after which I will try using the .310 or .311 die to lube the bullets.

I watched some YouTube videos to day of the nose first Star push through system and it looks really good, but then there is that investment I already have and the cost of getting into the Star.

With the dies I'd need, even without some of the really nice add on items available for the Star, I'd likely be pushing 500 + dollars.

It will be MUCH slooooooower going with the two die system for the 30 cal then using a Star or even one die with the Lyman and RCBS, but looking for accuracy with the little bullets and doubt that lop sided bullets will get me there.

Again, Thanks for the help!

Not a big lee fan, but that push through die should be here before the end of the week.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the help here folks!!!!!

Pretty amazing that Ranger came up with the name of the Lewiston, Idaho business!

I did get in contact with the company by phone, but sorry to say that they do not make the sizer luber to fit .30 caliber.

So, what to do -------------------- Were I not so heavily invested in the RCBS and Lyman tools along with a bunch of dies, I'd be looking really hard at a Star system about now.

However, after BABore's recommendation to use a two die system for the 465gr Wide Flat Nose 45/70 mold he made me, I have decided to give the same system a try with the 30 caliber bullets.

Bruce's recommendation was to soon after casting and water quenching the big bullets, to size them through a .460 "lee style" push through die that Buckshot made me and then at some later date lube the bullets in a .461 sizer/luber die.

So, since I have on hand .309, .310 and .311 sizer/luber dies I have ordered a lee .309 push through die which I hope will help me maintain the desired concentric shape of the cast bullet after which I will try using the .310 or .311 die to lube the bullets.

I watched some YouTube videos to day of the nose first Star push through system and it looks really good, but then there is that investment I already have and the cost of getting into the Star.

With the dies I'd need, even without some of the really nice add on items available for the Star, I'd likely be pushing 500 + dollars.

It will be MUCH slooooooower going with the two die system for the 30 cal then using a Star or even one die with the Lyman and RCBS, but looking for accuracy with the little bullets and doubt that lop sided bullets will get me there.

Again, Thanks for the help!

Not a big lee fan, but that push through die should be here before the end of the week.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Buddy
    Crusty......doesn't NOE bullet molds make a nose size push through die? Not sure if this is what you are looking for , but I am pretty sure I read something on his forum about a push through nose sizing die.
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...4418skm738r561

and here it is in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRou...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by 35Whelen; 01-02-2018 at 11:42 PM. Reason: added another link

Boolit Master

It appears I have sucess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The .309 push through sizing die arrived today and I had a casting session with a new 240gr .44 mold, a 6 cavity lee mold to make some "banger/plinking" .38/357 bullets and my 275gr .30caliber mold.

So, this evening I set up the push through die, sized a bunch of bullets all of which came through beautifully concentric. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, having .309, .310 and .311 sizer/luber dies I decided to try the .311 die in the luber.

I believe I have success!!!!!!!! the bullets are as said, beautifully concentric and the larger die is doing a good job of applying lube without making the bullets lop sided.

Of course now comes the testing, but at least I now have bullets worthy of testing.

Thanks to everyone that has replied to my original question!

I spent some time on YouTube yesterday looking at the Star sizer/luber system, and if it were not for the investment I already have in the RCBS and Lyman tools along with the bunch of dies, I think a person would be smart to put out the bigger bucks to begin with and buy a Star system.

Later,

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot