WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese Are The Great Copiers As Was Japan Once

Boolit Master
    And don't forget that it is culturally acceptable to sell rat meat to foreigners and label it as chicken. Also, perfectly acceptable to paint children's toys with lead paint as long as it is for export. Heck, probably fine for domestic sale, too. My understanding is the air pollution is horrid over there.
    Rule 303

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont View Post
    My understanding is the air pollution is horrid over there.
    That's an understatement. I have little desire to go back there. To many people jammed on top of each other. There seems to be no rules regarding driving. And the air quality is atrocious. A whole lot of history but I didn't like it there.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    That's an understatement. I have little desire to go back there. To many people jammed on top of each other. There seems to be no rules regarding driving. And the air quality is atrocious. A whole lot of history but I didn't like it there.
    Chinese air and environmental quality (pollution) are progressing just as occurred in South Korea with expansion of business and Industry. China has a strong man government; let's see if they too follow the path of South Korea and other Asian Countries that have become powerhouses :

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...178_75100.html

Ultimately "Strong Men" seem to meet their maker in the Far East.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Banned
    You mean like we copied the British in the fabric mill business and put them out of business ?

The OP of course has verified evidence of the Chinese selling toys in the USA with lead paint and rat meat here as chicken ? Links ?

Boolit Grand Master

There is verified evidence of lead paint on kids toys. There have been multiple instances of it. This was a large one from ten years ago: https://www.usrecallnews.com/list-of...ls-from-china/

Lead has been found in plastic toys as well.

Air, water, land, everything. Not uncommon at all for human bodies to come floating down the river right through the city. Though not as uncommon as all the animals (domestic and wild) that come floating down the river regularly.

You even have to be suspect of the lead coming from China.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NORINCO_Type_CQ_5'56x45mm_assault_rifle.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	210432
    Look familiar? NORINCO's export M16. North Korea, Vietnam, Iran and Venezuela have all purchased lots of these rifles for their military and paramilitary units.
    I wonder if Colt or Armalite ever got any royalties from the Stoner design...
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    That's hilarious!! Countries that hate us, buying Chicom copies of the rifle most closely associated with American Imperial Atrocities (North Korean description).
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Those Chinese copies sell up here for around $600CDN. The S&W basic rifle goes for about the same money. Guys that own them say they work and last. The patient rights would have expired long before the Chinese got around to making copies of them so I am not sure what the fuss is all about. Personally., if I was in the market for a M4/C7 variant I would be chasing a Colt Canada rifle. They make a very good rifle. They go for a bit more than $600. though. Alas I have no use for one.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

Hate the chinesium

How 'bout them putting substitute chemicals in children's formula and dog food, killing some of both. No act is too low when it comes to profits.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    I wonder if the guy who patented the Iver Johnson safe-trigger rolled in his grave when Gaston Glock patented the same exact thing 90 years later?
    I thought patents expired after fifty years?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Boyle View Post
    It's actually 7-22 (+ in some cases) years depending on the patent, but the thing is, after the patent expires, it's public domain, and cannot be patented again. How Glock got away with it is a mystery, but he certainly did.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Boyle View Post

The following provides longevity of Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights:

How Long Does Patent, Trademark or Copyright Protection Last?
    Last Published: 7/7/2016
    A U.S. utility patent, explained above, is generally granted for 20 years from the date the patent application is filed; however, periodic fees are required to maintain the enforceability of the patent. A design patent is generally granted protection for 14 years measured from the date the design patent is granted.

A U.S. trademark generally lasts as long as the trademark is used in commerce and defended against infringement.

Copyright protection is for a limited term. For works created after January 1, 1978, copyrights last for 70 years after the death of the author. For works "made for hire" (covering the usual type of work owned by a small business), the copyright lasts for a term of 95 years from the year of its first publication or a term of 120 years from the year of its creation, whichever expires first. For more detailed explanation of copyright terms, visit the Copyright Office webpage or consult this guide on Duration of Copyright provided by the Copyright Office.

A trade secret can be protected indefinitely as long as the secret is commercially valuable, its value derives from the fact that it is secret, and the owner take reasonable precautions to maintain its secrecy.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

From a "little" left field....

We jack a B&C buck and do what with it?Yup,head over to the taxidermist,and sometime later....the bruiser is hanging on the dining room wall.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery,or some such.

So,china blatantly rips off design...generally they're picking "classics".My focus is more about shop equipment....but it isn't that far a stretch from other areas of industry concern.The problem/issue for me isn't the here N now....do you want the original or want the obvious chinkenese copy?That's an A-B decision($$$).The thing that's gonna hurt is down the rd.When they've perfected the study of existing design....seen the process from a manufacturing perspective,learned the legwork....broadened their intellectual base(vertical vs horizontal integration)....forced any normal thinking entity to seriously reconsider investment potential with "in-house" engineering.Well,gives new meaning to,"dumbing down society".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12