Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Are The Great Copiers As Was Japan Once

Banned

Chinese Are The Great Copiers As Was Japan Once

Wonder how Glock feels about this.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...kly+Newsletter

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I'm not a Glock guy but I wonder if they even have gone as far as parts are interchangeable or mags are interchangeable?

Just another example of the willingness of the Chinese to steal designs and undercut the USA or other countries without any regard for patent laws. How long before these hit the shelves in the USA with a lower price to take away from legit manufacturers? Unfortunately, price will dictate sales and like with a child, when you reward bad behavior it continues. IMHO

Boolit Master
    I wonder if the guy who patented the Iver Johnson safe-trigger rolled in his grave when Gaston Glock patented the same exact thing 90 years later?
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Banned

Well they say not much is new under the sun. S&W and other's pretty much copied that trigger too.

Boolit Master

They were copying Remington 870's pretty exactly a short few years back, so I wouldn't exactly say this is a shocker. Don't forget their C96 clones from way back. Then there's all the various Browning rip-offs throughout the ages from all points of the compass.

But where's the rest of the gun? All I see is a gutted frame, and we've got plenty of non-Glock Glock frames being made here. . .as well as 10/22 receivers that didn't come from Ruger. And the Berettas out of Turkey. . .

Sorry Bernie. . . I guess I lost my sense of outrage some time ago.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Banned

I'm waiting for those companies that make 80% Glock frames to come out with the large frame. Spoke to one of them a month ago and they said they were about to unleash them. They said, in their own words "it took us a long time to figure out Glocks soup for the polymer". So I asked if they were saying Glock made a very good polymer frame. They reply was "the best".

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I'm not a Glock guy but I wonder if they even have gone as far as parts are interchangeable or mags are interchangeable?

Just another example of the willingness of the Chinese to steal designs and undercut the USA or other countries without any regard for patent laws. How long before these hit the shelves in the USA with a lower price to take away from legit manufacturers? Unfortunately, price will dictate sales and like with a child, when you reward bad behavior it continues. IMHO
    Lets not get to much in a twist here. The Glock patients would have expired long ago. Nobody up here knows if this is all they are producing or going with a full gun.

Glock was asking almost a $1kCdn for their G 17 up here or about $800US earlier this year so I would not weep to many tears for Heir Glock and Co. The price came down pretty quickly when the M&P's are offered under $600Cdn. The Chinese copies of the 1911 and SIG 226 designs get lots of folks started in pistol shooting and that is not all bad. Most of what made Glocks reputation has been copied by virtually every gun manufacturer around the world including the US.

Price, pocket book, & perceived value determine where and what I buy. The "who" I leave to my choices of Scotch, Beer and Wines.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Grand Master

China's disregard for patent law and intellectual property is really ridiculous. No one wants to do anything about it. And anyone doing business in China has to give them access to everything. Can't exactly have fair trade when they're thieves. I remember when they knocked of the BMW X5 for their domestic market. None of the automotive companies were happy. But they all still do business there. And Chinese brand cars are poised to be sold in the US in a few years time. This is when we will see who's really a sell out. I'm hoping for them to completely fail but I doubt that will happen.

Sorry for the slight derailment. This particular issue is a big one for me. The company I work for is considering starting up a manufacturing facility in China. That will be the end of our patent advantage because they will blatantly rip it off and become our biggest competitor.

I agree but would add it is all about money. Where can a company and it's owners make the most money determines the decision as it always has. The rest of the factors are sound bites. Communication and transportation are the only two changes we have seen that make borders insignificant these days.

For the record in my banking days I had a customer who had a registered trading name in the US and Canada for over 50 years. He effectively lost the exclusive use of his company's trade name when a Missouri judge refused "to rule against his neighbor" and forced a small cash settlement in favour of the US firm. It would have cost my client over $100,000 dollars to appeal the decision beyond the State level.

Life is not always fair and all hands are not always as clean as we sometimes think. The Chinese seem to be more up front about what they do mainly, I guess because they can.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Banned

I wish the U.S. would release it's sanctions on Russian product firearm related. I also don't like how the U.S. does trade with an "enemy", but like Bob said it's about money. The things that really make the world turn are Money, Power, Greed, and Women (use your imaginations on that last one folks).

Boolit Master

I'd like to get my hands on a Chinese M1A that Marstar carries...
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Gave one to my son. They are great rifles. They do need dressing up but once done are excellent shooters.

Take Care

Bob

Why are you guys bashing a cheap copy of a handgun that has already been copied? Nothing new or under a patent that is glockenspiel any more, Gen1 patents have way expired. No, not fun of the Chinese, but Puck a different item that IS still under a patent

Boolit Master
    "I'd like to get my hands on a Chinese M1A that Marstar carries..."

Here's decades olde US info:
    GONRA's Chicom M1A isa Polytech. Read that Norinco also made/exported them too.

Only shot Chicom CWS case Berdan primed NC ammo in mine. Gotta case + ammo.
    Shot Just Fine. This ammo seems to be relatively low pressure. Wanna take it easy on the rifle.

Have no idea what Marstar sells, any quality improvements that may have been made, etc.

The initial receivers had problems. That didn't last long. The guns in the last 10 years have been great. Lots of ways to make them better. The gun I had was a way better shooter than I was.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Master
    Don't forget the illegal drugs they make and send over here to kill our citizens.
    Thank Your Obummer
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    As far as I know, Chinese handgun and rifle imports have been prohibited in the USA for about 20 years so we probably won't see any China Glocks here.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

Anyone who has studied their culture knows that it is expected and appropriate to copy other's work. Their culture values building on what has been said and done in the past. This is true academically as well as industrially. It is a fundamental difference in cultural values and focus and goes back centuries. We are not going to change them, we need to learn how to deal with them.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Anyone who has studied their culture knows that it is expected and appropriate to copy other's work. Their culture values building on what has been said and done in the past. This is true academically as well as industrially. It is a fundamental difference in cultural values and focus and goes back centuries. We are not going to change them, we need to learn how to deal with them.
    All well and good until they enter the world economy. The rest of the world respects patent and intellectual property rights. Just because their culture says it's okay doesn't mean the rest of the world has to accept it. They need to accept the fact that they can't copy patents and intellectual property. Pretty simple in theory but you will never convince them.

Never saw a Chinese splash product that was worth anything, even on the industrial end. They have a hard time even copying something properly then comes the actual manufacturing of the copy, which they more often than not fall way short of. Any company that is smart will keep any items or property they don't want ripped off out of China. That especially includes any products they plan to manufacturer in China, even in their own plant. Getting involved with them on the scale we have is/was a big mistake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast