Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lcpII first impression

Banned
    I'm waiting on the new Bond 9mm semi. Nothing smaller and has great reviews. Not cheap but very concealable.

Boolit Master
    A good deal in concealed carry jeans are the Sam's Club house brand. Plenty of pocket and under $20 last time I bought them.

Boolit Man

Gents,

I bought an LCP for my son not long after the pistol hit the market in the mid-2000's. It was the worst-shooting handgun I've ever handled. I couldn't hit squat with it, and neither could my son, who's a pretty fair pistoleer.

The little Ruger's trigger-pull was so heavy and long that, by the time the sear broke, the trigger was butting up against the rear of the trigger guard. No matter what we did, or how tightly we held the little devil, we couldn't keep the ****ed runt from dancing a jig when that heavy trigger finally broke. Bushel-basket sized groups at 15 yards weren't out of the question.

I gave up on the Ruger LCP, bought a Kahr CW380, and have lived happily ever after. The sweet little Kahr -- almost the same size and weight as the Ruger -- is an easy-to-shoot tack-driver in comparison with the LCP. We shoot the Kahr CW380 so well, it functions fine as a close-range pot-shooter, easily grouping its slugs in a circle the size of a rabbit's head at 15 yards.

I'm told that Ruger engineered two or three improvements on the LCP's trigger over the years of its production run, and I don't know how those later guns shot, but I do know the original version had a trigger so horrendously bad that we found it impossible to shoot well. I sure hope Ruger's new effort -- the LCPII -- is better than the old one, but I don't plan to personally test it. I'm very content with my easy-to-shoot Kahr CW380.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12