Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions

Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions

I heard a rumor this week that the Ollie's discount store in Monroe, Michigan had stacks of Donnelly's reprinted book for $7.00. I did not check myself, I already have two copies, one for the house, one for the shop, didn't think I needed a third. I you have an Ollie's near you, you might want to check. For $7.00 it is an awesome reference if you are doing any case conversions.

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master

Do they do mail order? Have a web page?

Boolit Buddy
    I was just looking on their web page, no luck. If you find something, let us know.....

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Do they do mail order? Have a web page?
    Define NWO, Monroe is only 15 miles up US-24 from Toledo.

Boolit Master

Closest one to me is at least 4 hours away with no traffic, so closer to 5 1/2 hours going thru Little Rock and Memphis.

Boolit Grand Master

I called the Monroe store Thursday and the sales person I talked to said they did not have it. Cabellas in Dundee is about 35-40 mins for me from home. I'm near Swanton west of Toledo.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I called the Monroe store Thursday and the sales person I talked to said they did not have it. Cabellas in Dundee is about 35-40 mins for me from home. I'm near Swanton west of Toledo.

You was lied too!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reloading book.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	210130

Was in there last night, stopped at Lowes to pickup some stuff and thought I would check, I had been told they had several stacks of them last earlier this week, had a hard time believing they were sold out.

Quality employees. Although in a place like that even if they do an absolutely over the top job they will never get recognized or rewarded.

I got one for christmas last year from the ollies round here. 4.00 I think.

Boolit Master
    Great price and great book. I would pick up another if there was one near me.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Master
    hamiltonbook.com has it listed for $8.95 plus shipping.

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-han...fourth-edition

Was at the Ollie’s in New Hartford, NY on Friday and they had a pile for $6.95 each.

Boolit Master

Several years ago I read that Donnelly's book had several errors. Although I have a copy(hardback), I've never read it close enough to determine if there are any errors or I did not recognize an error if I saw it.

I have always consulted Ken Howell's book on the few occasions I needed that kind of information. The text portions are also very interesting.

I also have a copy of Nonte's book, Home Guide to Cartridge Conversions.

All of these books should help when trying to come up with brass for some obscure cartridge or just trying to make use of brass on hand to make something less available.

To stay on topic, I gave a ton more for the hardback Donnelly book discussed here.
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Several years ago I read that Donnelly's book had several errors. Although I have a copy(hardback), I've never read it close enough to determine if there are any errors or I did not recognize an error if I saw it.

I have always consulted Ken Howell's book on the few occasions I needed that kind of information. The text portions are also very interesting.

I also have a copy of Nonte's book, Home Guide to Cartridge Conversions.

All of these books should help when trying to come up with brass for some obscure cartridge or just trying to make use of brass on hand to make something less available.

To stay on topic, I gave a ton more for the hardback Donnelly book discussed here.
    I have found a couple of errors in the Donnelly book, minor kind of stuff that I couldn't list right now. There have been a couple of times I have found easier conversions to do than what he lists.

But for $7.00 it is a great reference.

Boolit Master
    Regarding errors in the Donnelly book, I also read of this years ago. I think their may have been more than a few, but in a book that big with so many facts and figures, it's not unlikely. I have the first edition and errors may have been corrected in a subsequent printing or printings. Still, a great reference book, second only to Ken Howell's cartridge book.

Boolit Buddy

I am a bit behind times on conversions, this is what I started with over 45 years ago lol.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSF4864.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	210798
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

Boolit Grand Master

Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions

Versions of that book are around $70 for a heavily used one. And approaching $300 for a new one.

Boolit Buddy

WOW mines at least somewhere around 250 then.
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Versions of that book are around $70 for a heavily used one. And approaching $300 for a new one.
    Is this for the Nonte book? Mine is old but hardly used.

EDIT(1/1/2018)! Just looked on used book site that I use and found 3 new copies(actually probably only 2) for up to $467. I doubt that anyone would pay that but I would have to consider selling mine for half that(not an offer).

EDIT!EDIT!(1/2/2018)! Went to the shop last night and checked the Nonte book. The receipt was in the book as a bookmark. showed $24.95 +$4 shipping in 2002. It must have been one of the new copies. Not a mark on it and dust cover perfect. Shows how much I have used it.
    Last edited by alamogunr; 01-02-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    I bought one of the Handloaders Manual of CC at my local Ollies yesterday, $6.99. I'm unimpressed with it, but for $6.99 heck why not??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast