RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions

Boolit Bub
    Glad I checked in to this part of the forum. I have been wanting a copy of that book for awhile now. I had never heard of "Ollie's," we must not have them around here. So i jumped on cuzinbruce's link to Hamiltonbooks and got it for $8.95 plus $4.00 shipping. Thanks cuzinbruce.

Boolit Master
    I also ordered a copy from Hamiltonbooks for the 8.95 plus 4.00 better price than around here

Got it in the mail today 01/04
    Last edited by tdoor4570; 01-04-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Boolit Master
    It desperately needs an update. Lots of new ones to form and form with since that one was printed. Plus, it uses expensive .348 Win for way to many large rimmed cases, especially now that ppu imports 8mm lebel cases.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by texassako View Post
    It desperately needs an update. Lots of new ones to form and form with since that one was printed. Plus, it uses expensive .348 Win for way to many large rimmed cases, especially now that ppu imports 8mm lebel cases.
    That's good info right there, about the 8 x 50R brass. I will make sure to note that into my copy when it gets here. There are just so many new chamberings right now that it makes it hard to keep up with them. And some that seemed solid just a few years ago are now obsolete. Same with powders, most of my loads were developed back when Hercules wasn't Alliant, Win. powders were not Hodgdon, and some from when DuPont sold various propellants with numbers preceded by IMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Was at the Ollie’s in New Hartford, NY on Friday and they had a pile for $6.95 each.
    I found the same at the Ollie's in Anderson, Indiana. They had a pile of them just before Christmas for $ 7.00

Boolit Master
    I heard that GEORGE C NONTES BOOK is being reprinted again. any one heard of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by fstreed View Post
    Glad I checked in to this part of the forum. I have been wanting a copy of that book for awhile now. I had never heard of "Ollie's," we must not have them around here. So i jumped on cuzinbruce's link to Hamiltonbooks and got it for $8.95 plus $4.00 shipping. Thanks cuzinbruce.
    me too, thanks Cuzinbruce

While I never saw Nonte's book on cartridge conversions, he referred to it in a slim ca. 1977 reloading book that he wrote. From what I gather, he was, in his words, "deeply into the game."

Boolit Master

Just got back from Lancaster PA, the Ollie's there had the CC book, I already have one. But I picked up:

Fine Shotguns by John M. Taylor (some in stock) $4.99
    GunDigest Book of Rimfire Rifles Assembly/Dissassembly (lots in stock) $6.99
    GunDigest 2016 (got the last one, no other years available.) $6.99

They also had big piles of Shooter's Bible, but I avoid those error ridden rags.

They also had a large selection of space heaters, while everyone else is sold out.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Bub
    I got my copy from Hamilton's Books. I agree it is somewhat dated. But it is still more than worth the money, lots of good info and it is also of some historical interest. A good reference to have on the bookshelf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12