Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: BN36 30-06 AR 10 platfrom

Boolit Buddy

BN36 30-06 AR 10 platfrom

I am late on this but found my favorite round in a Ar10 type platform : Noreen, BN36

any one out there used, seen , shot this monster?? looks like fun in the short carbine barrel, wonder how far I cold launch it from the short barrel …..700-1000 yds?? long barrels 1000 all day , need a place to shoot with out soooo many other people around…

Banned

I don't see any sense to a 30-06 with that short of a barrel. The 308 would be better in my opinion.

Boolit Master

Never fired a Noreen, but was at the local range when Noreen and son were testing their .338 lapula AR, That is sure a beast.
    Noreen's shop is a few miles from here and some local FFL's carry a few Noreen rifles in inventory.
    My impression from a couple short face to faces meetings.
    The Noreens are hard workers, and skilled machinists, but short in people skills.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy
    ar-308 in closet now … short and long barrel….two tops one bottom , never shoot the 20 inch any more though- 16" is fun the have around though …and not too heavy too 'carry' all day ( NO, I don't own any slings )

looked like a cool option to go from carbine to LONG range , Same for .556 ARs, ( 6.5 Gr, in that case) 18" in 6.5 is wicked

Garands in that same closet too…main reason I have all the .06 ammo in the house Dad collected M1 for 40+ years along with AP ammo, belts, bayonets, anything to do with M1s other than a D model Dad had to have all even grenade launcher thingy….

Deer gun: .06 Rem, 721….from the 50's love that gun too!!!

But AR .06 would be like having a BAR with out the Full Auto option…Found SMF Tactical putting one out now too

Boolit Buddy
    I have the Long range assassin in 30-06. Recoils like a 556. Have just finished break in. It puts 5 in a ragged hole at a hundred using 150 gr j bullets. I have some Hornady 178's, and Sierra 200 and 210 MKs to try next. I really enjoy it.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks you Shell.

that is the best info I could have received , I know how hard the Rem721 thumps me and have no plans to carry a Garand into the woods for hunting . Time to clean out closet and make some room.

Banned

I got beat out on a Noreen 0-6 by about 3 seconds, haven't seen one locally since.
    they are top notch stuff.

In Remembrance
    I had the opportunity to run off a few rounds with Shell's rifle. I found it very pleasant to shoot and without a doubt far more accurate than I am. Now that my MRS. knows how much I like it, I fear for Shell's safety. If I come home with one, She Might retaliate against him.

I fired a short barreled 30-06 once, ONCE! the rifle had been built with a 16-1/2" barrel to make it "handier in the brush"... or so the owner claimed,
    But frankly I thought if you missed something close up (within 20feet) you'd set it on fire!

As short as it was If "handling" was that important he shoulda found himself a 94Trapper 30WCF and saved on the noise and flames!

Boolit Buddy
    Last I looked cdnn had some of the Noreen rifles listed.

Boolit Master

I thought they had named the longer action the AR12 or something. I thought a 20-24" 270 would be an interesting shooter. AR10 style stocks but made of American Walnut, and finished like an M1A. Pinched myself, yup I was day dreaming
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!