Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble With Gun Broker

Banned

Trouble With Gun Broker

Not sure this is correct place to tell of my trouble with Gun Broker. I purchased a T/C barrel in .30 cal carbine and when it arrived I saw that a .30 Cal barrel had been sleeved inside some other drilled out T/C barrel. I did not want to keep it and seller agreed to refund my $231.88. I returned the barrel, forearm, and stock to him and he said I had damaged the stock. I only opened the package, wrapped it up and shipped back to him in same container. Have filed fraud case with GB but no response. filed fraud claim with USPS and FBI. No response. It looks as if I am out $231.88 and never had a problem with any dealings on GB before. Seller has not refunded my payment. This happened the end of May. Still waiting. Not very happy with GB.

Boolit Buddy
    GB is very slow at resolving issues. I hope you documented everything well with pictures as you opened the package, and as you wrapped the package. How long ago did you dispute the transaction?
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Grand Master

Always pay w/ a credit card. The money will be credited immediately and they will fight w/ the vendor. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having.

Boolit Master
    My only issue with gunbroker took 3 months to resolve, they are slow but will eventually take care of it in my experience.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by donald duck View Post
    Not sure this is correct place to tell of my trouble with Gun Broker.

...SNIP
    I moved your thread to OUR TOWN
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Did you post feedback? I count a lot on people stating how their dealings went with other people.

I also had to wait about 3 months but they did come through..

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    No personal experience wit GB - but let me get this right - he sells a sleeved barrel without disclosing it and he's worried about damage to a stock when it was probably shipped back in the original packing? Hopefully it will all work out for you and you'll get your refund - which you are entitled to. Good luck to you.

Boolit Grand Master

Deleted my account with GB after a bad experience with them. Won't use them for anything ever again. The issue was never resolved for me.

Yours is a good lesson to everyone. Use a Credit Card for every purchase online.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned

I have never had a problem. Have used Gun Broker many times. Not surprised that some have had problems. Nothing is perfect. I like it.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Cancelled our account 2 years ago when their system went bonkers and sent me a notice I had just bought a "buy now firearm" on my watch list that did not end for well over a week with no bidders For Only $1750.00.
    Things are vastly different than what it was near 15 years ago.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    I have use G.B. many times (buy and sell) never had a problem .I"ve bought more and sold more with them and the only negative that I have had is I wish I still owned most of what I sold

Banned
    Thanks to all of you for your comments. It has definitely been a learning experience!!

Boolit Master
    I once logged into my GB account from a public computer at an airport. They started sending me invoice notices for another person, saying I owed $75 in sellers fees. It wasn't my account they were billing me for and tried time and again to explain it to them but it fell on deaf ears. I refused to pay someone else's bill and GB sent it to collections, dinged my credit, and they closed my account. I would never buy anything on GB again.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    I listed an antique pistol once on GB, got a bid that met the reserve, the auction ended and then the "buyer" claimed he never bid. For some reason, he gave me a bad review, and GB posted it (they also charged me the seller's fees).
    What the...
    I contacted GB and explained it to them, and eventually (months) they dropped the bad review and the fees. Every other transaction has gone well since then (and before).
    I kept the pistol.

Boolit Master

The problem is the seller and not GB. They GB, can do so much and that is it.

Boolit Master
    I have made only a few purchases from GunBroker but never a problem so far. Perhaps it is my low "buy" count that has been good for me so far.

Banned
    They finally contacted me by e=mail and said it was being reviewed, after over six months I would certainly think it was time. Will post how it turns out. The bad seller was from Rochester ,MN.

Best of luck

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    I once logged into my GB account from a public computer at an airport. They started sending me invoice notices for another person, saying I owed $75 in sellers fees. It wasn't my account they were billing me for and tried time and again to explain it to them but it fell on deaf ears. I refused to pay someone else's bill and GB sent it to collections, dinged my credit, and they closed my account. I would never buy anything on GB again.
    I think you can dispute that with one of the agencies that decide your credit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast