Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Ati 1911 45

Banned

Ati 1911 45

Anybody got one? This one looks like it will shoot 200 gr cast pretty good shot some factory federal in it groups pretty good. Comments?

Boolit Master
    I don't have one. But I have been reading as much as I can find on them. They are the only 1911 I can justify. I will be watching.

Boolit Master
    What mine has been shot , it has never missed a beat.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought the 4 1/4" barrel model in 45 acp. Under $350 out the door several months ago. My trigger is pretty nice and the slide is very tight and smooth.
    Mine shoots my reloads with mihec 68 clones and 5 gr Red Dot without fail.

Just as a joke I tried to see if mine would feed empty cases out of the clip, as that is supposed to be the acid test of a tuned 1911. It has not failed to feed an empty case yet when cycling the slide by hand. I have not shot for group size as of yet, just shot a couple hundred to check for function and it passed so far with flying colors.

Money well spent I think.

I have one of their Commanders. Supposedly a special edition finished in FDE with a threaded barrel that I picked up a few years ago. I hate to say it, but it my least favorite 1911. The trigger is a hard pull and the bullet ramp required extensive finishing to get it to the point that it would feed anything but jacketed rounds. To add a little insult, the “bluing” which turned out to be paint, came off the barrel the first time it was cleaned. However, even with these deficiencies, it does shoot to POA and now will cycle just about anything except SWC style bullets. I like its looks. Probably the only reason I still own it.

Banned
    Yeah fellas I just took it out in the back yard 3.5 gr bullseye and a 200 gr rn cast killed a fence post graveyard dead not one ftf in 50 rds I think its gonna stay here.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I have one in Commander size. It took a little run in with about 500 rounds and then it smoothed out and handles 200 and 230 gr. cast quite well.

Boolit Master

A fellow at the range I frequent let me shoot his, Federal 230 FMJ's. it worked, the trigger, finish & fit weren't worth writing home about. Worth $350 or $400? I guess so. Would I buy one? No. I'd wind up spending too much $$ to tune it up and wind up with a well tuned budget 1911 that's still not what I wanted. Been there.

Boolit Master

I bought one last year, 1911 Military model. I like it now, but it had to make a trip back for a new barrel before I even shot it. It looked like it had been chambered with a broken reamer. The bore throat was seriously ugly.

Once I got it back and sighted it in (had to drift the sight to one side), I like it a lot. It has never jammed with anything and is plenty accurate for my purposes. I can pretty consistently hold 3” or so 25 yard groups.

Funny thing, had half a box of WWII .45 ammo I shot up recently and I shot the last 7 rounds off a sand bag for accuracy, and got a nice little 2” group at 25 yards. Probably lucky group as that’s about the limits of my abilities on a good day. I know a lot of you guys can do better but I’m not there yet.

I bought because I wanted an inexpensive 1911 as a shooter, nothing fancy. I just couldn’t justify spending much. This one fits the bill perfectly.
    Last edited by fatelk; 12-22-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Banned
    It's cheap and it works.